Trusted Contributor

Re: NEW David Venable show: Friday, 1/14 on Q2

@Othereeeen  Love your post !! While i do like David and some of the other hosts, you have to wonder do they realize how absolutley riducous they seem making such remarks. Daved always exclaiming' we cut out the middle man" the female hosts say get 2 or 3 of every color. Of course I have always heard they pay their hosts very well. And i guess there are many who will tell a lot of lies for that paycheck at qvc and other places. I know, they are just doing their job, 

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

This Friday, 1/14, a new show called "Catching Up with David Venable" is coming to Q2. The program guide describes it as follows: "Program Host David Venable shares some of his favorite products and chats with customers." It's a fairly generic/broad description, but the "chat" element could be interesting, especially for all the DV fans out there. (And this is sure to drive more viewers to Q2.)

The show is scheduled to air from 4-6 p.m. ET.

I don't watch Q2 as it is, having David on won't make me watch that channel. While DV is one of a few hosts I like and will watch, too much of a good thing comes to mind. He is already on what 4 days a week.  No thanks, but enjoy those that will watch his new show.

Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

This Friday, 1/14, a new show called "Catching Up with David Venable" is coming to Q2. The program guide describes it as follows: "Program Host David Venable shares some of his favorite products and chats with customers." It's a fairly generic/broad description, but the "chat" element could be interesting, especially for all the DV fans out there. (And this is sure to drive more viewers to Q2.)

The show is scheduled to air from 4-6 p.m. ET.

I don't watch Q2 as it is, having David on won't make me watch that channel. While DV is one of a few hosts I like and will watch, too much of a good thing comes to mind. He is already on what 4 days a week.  No thanks, but enjoy those that will watch his new show.

@Rockycoast   David is on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday -- three days a week. 

Now with the new QVC2 show starting Friday, that makes four.  That seems to be the magic number for a lot of the hosts' weekly shows.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

david describes it as  "a way for us to have fun and chat about some great new products, home innovations, and more!"

Well, he could have said don't miss this great opportunity.......

Esteemed Contributor

Just a little reminder that the premiere episode of "Catching Up with David Venable" will be on Q2 tomorrow from 4-6 p.m. ET...

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen - You have a WICKED sense of humor! I was laughing so hard I thought DH would wake up!   Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I'm guessing the David fans will really enjoy this format where he talks twice as much as in his regular shows, but I am not finding anything special or compelling about this new show. It's honestly just like every other QVC show, but with more stuff I'd skip through if I'd recorded it. This will be a "one and done" viewing experience for me. (Honestly, I'm not particularly surprised, but I had held out at least a little bit of hope that the setup or the products or *something* might be different. Silly me.)

Respected Contributor

I didn’t catch his new show.  I enjoy David.  Mostly watch his kitchen shows.  We hear that he is probably top seller at QVC,  they probably want to boost sales on QVC2.  

I dont watch enough to see all the hosts stints, but some are more watchable than others.  David is personable, and Q people love their kitchen stuff.   One thing I love about David, he interacts with staff more than some (sell outs, removing colors). and always seems so respectful of the other behind the scene workers.  Not saying that other hosts are not, but just don’t see that interaction as much.  

Guessing they may never go back to in studio guests.  Maybe local reps, but out of town reps, not sure.  

Honored Contributor

I like David very much -- he's one of my all-time favorite QVC hosts.

With that said, I thought this new show was incredibly boring.  They put the most mundane, tiring products in the show.  They've got their #1 selling host to spend more time to hopefully move them out.  I'll record the next show, but If this is the way these shows will go, I'm out.

It's like what HSN does with their #1 host Colleen Lopez in her weekend shows.  They give her a tablet (or some other electronic), vacuum cleaner, or Andrew Lessman.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper - I agree with you. I thought this "new" show was basically just like "Down Home with David" with more talking. I enjoy David on ITKWD, but DHWD seems to simply be an opportunity for the Q to have him sell whatever they want to get out the door because it could be considered a "home" item. No thanks.