Trusted Contributor

NEW 8 QT. CE PRESSURE COOKER

I received an email about Comfort Cooking Day on Wedneday.

There is an a CE 8 qt. PC listed that says NEW.  Of course it is once again "round".  I have requested an OVAL 8 qt. in the suggestion box as have others but our requests are ignored.  Why can't QVC offer an Oval PC?  I have the original oval 8 qt. Technique HA from many years ago.  The insert is so heavy and as I get older, it is getting harder and harder to remove the insert for cleaning.  PLEASE, PLEASE QVC answer our requests!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: NEW 8 QT. CE PRESSURE COOKER

I saw that too. I still have a 8 qt oval. Taking very good care of it harder to find then a diamond in a hay stack..  Don't know what the problem is with creating ovals. Just more advantageous for ribs , double chickens, etc.

Falls on deaf ears I guess.

Trusted Contributor

I think it may be a safety issue.  Circles/cylinders may have more structural integrity than the oval ones.  Additionally, oval ones are likely more expensive to produce.

If producing oval pressure cookers were as simple as producing the round ones, we would see a lot more on the market.  There are reasons we do not.

Frequent Contributor

I had an oval years ago when QVC had them. Can't remember the brand, they had a small one (too small for me at the time and extremely loud when it cooked), and a large oval.

Problem with the oval was it was nearly impossible to lock the lid. Even the small couldn't be locked unless you put the lid on the insert first and then inserted it to lock. The older pressure cookers did not have the easy lock on lids like they do now. They had a sort of "pull apart lid" that you pulled apart and slid back in place. Hard to explain, unless you had one. Also, as the other poster stated, was very heavy even for the small one. I'm not even sure how they would make a locking lid on the oval shape, as the round ones lock by simply sliding it in a circular motion. With the oval shape there is no circular motion available.

I so wish they would come out with a mini pressure cooker, like maybe 6 cups.

I just don't need a big 4 quart cooker for just me.

Of course I may be the only one in need of a mini pressure cooker.

Story of my life...LOL