Honored Contributor

NEEDLE MEAT TENDERIZER IS A SOLUTION FOR TOUGH STEAKS

I lost the thread where tough steaks were being discussed.  So I go to QVC search and check for Deni meat tenderizer.  You know, those things with all the needles.  I have two of these, one rectangular white one that lasted for about ten years, now the spring is weak.  I also have a newer Deni that is round and always had a weak spring.  Anyway, Amazon has a bunch of these with high ratings, I do not find a Deni.  Even Walmart has them. These don't change the shape of the meat like a mallet does or the taste of the meat like a marinade does.  The secret is being very careful in usage and storage.  I have  a feeling QVC dumped them because of injury complaints. 

Respected Contributor

Re: NEEDLE MEAT TENDERIZER IS A SOLUTION FOR TOUGH STEAKS

I have one of those.  It is probably the best thing I ever got from QVC.  It works great and is very much used at my house.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I have one of those.  It is probably the best thing I ever got from QVC.  It works great and is very much used at my house.

I do too, and I've had it for many years.

Contributor

Have used the rectangular Deni for years, no problems and sure does the job! I just run it through the dishwasher to sanitize it for the next time.
Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I do too, and I've had it for many years.

@Peaches McPhee @HLP @depglass , I like mine so much I purchased backup on both versions, round and rectangle. I use the smaller rectangle most often.

Respected Contributor

A 48-blade Deni meat tenderizer on Amazon will set you back $72 right now.  Yikes. The Jaccard looks like an okay substitute.

No longer on QVC.