Trusted Contributor

Re: NEEDED: Easy, healthy lunch ideas.

Like a previous poster, I make soups on the weekend and eat it all week. Another favorite is a lentil salad. Cook up a batch of lentils. After cooling, measure out a cup of lentils; add the following which have been chopped very fine - grape tomatos, roasted red pepper, avocado, kalamato olives. Top off with a few sunflower seeds, feta cheese, and a little lemon vinegar. The secret is to have everything chopped so that you get a bit of everything in every bite. Hummm.

Super Contributor

I nuke up some mixed vegetables and stir in some cooked brown rice. Filling for me. I also use wheat wraps and flat outs as they have a lot of protein. Lunch meats are so expensive now and my blood pressure does not like the salt. My favorite is a small Greek salad in a flat out wrap. Love a little Feta.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you ALL for the great ideas. I appreciate it.
Trusted Contributor

I like to have a bagged garden salad topped with a flavored tuna pouch. I add cucumbers, onions and tomatoes to the salad. Yummy!

Trusted Contributor

I love chicken salad with nuts and fruit in it! You can use light mayo.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually bring leftovers.

This morning, I filled a container with raw kale and topped it with leftover turkey chili. That's what I'm eating right now.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.