Super Contributor

NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR AN EASY BREADMAKER?

i LOVE bread!!  I was thinking about tryng a breadmaker, watching some videos on the ones that QVC sells, but they have mixed reviews.

Can someone suggest an EASY breadmaker for a first timer?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR AN EASY BREADMAKER?

I had a breadmaker once upon a time.    so fun to watch it work.  I don't

recall the brand name; but I would start to explore machines on Google.

Read ALL the reviews for several manufacturers and decide from that.  I

would not buy QVC machine unless it was rated high up - plus good vibes on your search.

Honored Contributor

I think bread making machines are the most complicated small kitchen appliances on the market.  There are so many variables that determine success or failure and directions must be followed to a "T".  Once made the bread molds very fast since it contains no preservative as commercially made bread does. 

I had one, only used it a couple times, then one day it "walked" across the counter and crashed to the floor.  I gave up bread making that very day. 

The simplest machines will be the smaller, less expensive ones

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

No question the best are the Zojirushi machines, especially the two newest models.  They aren't cheap but they are excellent, reliable and make great bread of many kinds.

I can say this because we got a Hitachi bread maker in 1992, and since had a breadman and a Cuisinart (stil have it, and it is a good machine, but not like the Zojirushi!).  I had earlier models of the Zojirushi and they are great, but the latest ones are really superior to them too.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvc chick  My neighbor gave me her "The Bread Machine" when she moved. I love it. I'm sure she didn't pay more than $75.00 for it. It is so easy to use, I taught my young grandson's to make bread with it. The moderately priced machines all do about the same job. I would get one that makes more than one size of loaf. You can find a recent review of bread machines on The Spruce Eats. I like that website. I would love to buy a machine that makes a real loaf shaped bread, but they cost too much for me. Homemade bread is great because you can use your own ingredients and no crazy stuff. You need to eat it or freeze it in a few days, however. These days, I only make my own bread on holidays because there are just not enough people at home to eat it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Breadman available here at QVC, and it's where I bought it.  I'm not a baker but after one failed loaf I've been proficient in loading this machine correctly.  It's tasty, and especially delicious fresh out of the machine!

I'll have to make some tomorrow.  Not hard at all.  Follow the instructions carefully and watch through the window to see what is happening inside.

https://www.qvc.com/Breadman-2-lb-Multi-Function-Bread-Maker-w-Fast-Bake.product.K49788.html?sc=SRCH

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 17.31.17.png

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

No question the best are the Zojirushi machines, especially the two newest models.  They aren't cheap but they are excellent, reliable and make great bread of many kinds.

I can say this because we got a Hitachi bread maker in 1992, and since had a breadman and a Cuisinart (stil have it, and it is a good machine, but not like the Zojirushi!).  I had earlier models of the Zojirushi and they are great, but the latest ones are really superior to them too.

@Sooner is right . I've seen this same info a few times out on the internet. Zojirushi gets high marks.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ   @Sooner    The OP didn't ask for "the best" or bells and whistles.  She asked for simple and easy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ   @Sooner    The OP didn't ask for "the best" or bells and whistles.  She asked for simple and easy. 

@Kachina624 And I answered her question from 40 years of experiences with breadmakers.  The ZO machine couldn't be simpler.  Nothing hard about them at all.

The difference is they turn out a better loaf of bread and last a lot longer.  That I know from experience with them.  All of them work about the same as far as you put the ingredients in them in the order listed and press a button. 

Some just don't turn out a great loaf of bread.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I agree, have one too. Had a DAK for years but company went out of buisness, and I needed a new pan. Also have a Zojirushi rice cooker, it's the best.