Honored Contributor

Re: NEED A DRESS CODE FOR HOSTS I

Doesn't anybody LIKE to dress up anymore? I do. I just have to find a place to do it.

Honored Contributor

I don't care what they wear, what size they say they wear, how they do their hair or nails, antics, goofy behavior, or their personal stories. I want details about the products being shown. 

Honored Contributor

@STYLE    Lots of viewers are more interested in seeing the hosts in the clothes they are selling.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like casual. I don't even own a dress, heels etc..  It's hot here from April to October and the last thing I want to do is dress up. I don't care what the hosts wear as long as bits and pieces aren't falling out. You gotta do time working someplace and you might as well be comfortable doing it. Thankfully gone are the days of dressing up, suits for men in the office, panty hose and heels. Don't miss them one bit. 

Honored Contributor

Oh dear, I do hope Johnnysbro doesn't see this.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN 

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

"jackets that would take the jaws of life to close."

283917.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

For the life of me I can't understand why people cannot voice their opinions.  Just because they don't agree with others, that's no reason to bash them.  I do agree some of the hosts do look sloppy and a certain dress code should be the standard when trying to "sell" on TV.  They don't have to dress in designer clothes or shoes, but enough with the PJs and ratty looking jeans.  Grant you casual clothes can be OK, but being an on-air personality dress accordingly. I don't believe department store personnel dress in athleasure (sp?) unless they're working in a sports store.  As for QVC catering to the younger set, I sort of doubt that.  The younger set shops mostly on-line.  They aren't sitting in front of the TV looking and shopping for Denim & Co., Susan Graver, Logo, Issac, Kim Gravelle (sp?) etc.  These kids work, socialize with their friends, etc.  Sure some of them "watch" QVC, but not constantly.  Now let the bullying begin.  

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@JackieHN 

LOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gifLOL@quote.gif

"jackets that would take the jaws of life to close."

283917.gif

I'm hysterical laughing. The stylists don't pick out the outfits the hosts do. How many times have you heard leah say she went up a size. A true confident woman.

Honored Contributor

I agree that some seem to be taking "casual" a bit too far.  Even in unkempt  long hair (ala Jen, Sandra, etc.).  JMHO.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

For me it's not so much what they wear, but the obsession with insisting they are a certain size, when clearly they are not .  The too tight pants that show what shouldn't be shown and and jackets that would take the jaws of life to close. The clothes are not shown to advantage and it really doesn't help the customer . If hosts must wear the clothing woman up and wear the correct size.  I will now step down from my soapbox. LOL

I blame that on the PTB, Producers and stylists.  They are the ones that have control over what type of clothing is worn and which sizes are worn. 

Hosts can be overuled by a LOT of people in the pecking chain on up.

As for distressed jeans @STYLE , how can you wear the current trend of rips and tears withOUT looking sloppy?   LOL

IMHO, you won't have one without the other!

Would never wear it, doesn't bother me in the least.