Regular Contributor

NEED A DRESS CODE FOR HOSTS I

AFTER WATCHING JULIA CLEARY LAST NIGHT. WEARING WORN JEANS AND A SHIRT THAT LOOKED FADED AND WRINKED I'VE DECIDED IT IS TIME FOR  QVC TO IMPOSE A DRESS CODE FOR HOSTS.  CASUAL IS FINE BUT SLOPPY ISN'T.

Respected Contributor

Re: NEED A DRESS CODE FOR HOSTS I

hahaha

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Goooood luck with your dress code.

Since the virus ath-leisure clothing has sold like hot cakes.

You need to back a decade and teach what is appropriate.

Good luck with that.

Honored Contributor

@STYLE  Well, I've decided no dress codes needed!! We all cannot get what we "demand"!!!  Sounds like you are stuck in the past!

Honored Contributor

@STYLE wrote:

AFTER WATCHING JULIA CLEARY LAST NIGHT. WEARING WORN JEANS AND A SHIRT THAT LOOKED FADED AND WRINKED I'VE DECIDED IT IS TIME FOR  QVC TO IMPOSE A DRESS CODE FOR HOSTS.  CASUAL IS FINE BUT SLOPPY ISN'T.

@STYLE    You're showing your lack of awareness of what's popular with the younger crowd to which QVC is trying to appeal.  Did you know that you can buy brand-new "distressed" jeans, faded with tears on QVC?  They are considered to be cool, not sloppy.  They're probably encouraging Julia to dress as she does.  Change the channel if it bothers you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

As far as dressing well goes for nearly any occasion that horse has left the barn.

I love being comfortable, but there are certain times that require folks to look like

they might have put some thought into what they look like.

Once upon a time people wore jackets and ties and their nicest dresses if they went to the theatre.  Today most look like they are just missing the hot dog or they could be at a baseball game.

I went to an EVENING wedding reception and saw people at the next table in carpenter jeans and sneakers.

I do lament the lowering of standards, but you will never put the genie back in the bottle.

Bridal yoga pants, anybody!?!

Regular Contributor

KACHINA 624 I'M VERY AWRE OF FASHION TRENDS, I JUST DON'T LIKE SLOPPY. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.  THE HOSTS USUALLY DRESS NICELY AND I, AS A VIEWER, APPRECIATE THAT.  TRUTHFULLY, I JUST MAY BE LIVING IN THE PAST WHEN DRESSING NICELY WAS THE CUSTOM.  HOPE THE FIRES IN NEW MEXICO ARE SETTLING DOWN.  LOVE THAT STATE.

Honored Contributor

@STYLE   Unfortunate there are 20 separate fires raging around the state and most are 0% contained.  Hundreds have been evacuated.  It's very sad and concerning.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@KACHINA 624   GOD BLESS & STAY SAFE.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

For me it's not so much what they wear, but the obsession with insisting they are a certain size, when clearly they are not .  The too tight pants that show what shouldn't be shown and and jackets that would take the jaws of life to close. The clothes are not shown to advantage and it really doesn't help the customer . If hosts must wear the clothing woman up and wear the correct size.  I will now step down from my soapbox. LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan