Respected Contributor

Re: My revised opinion regarding Le Creuset

housecat, great color choice!

But what I love most is your stove. LOL! I had the exact same one in my old house, and loved that thing.

Where I live now, I can't have a gas stove, only electric, which for me is a royal pain. WAH! Smiley Frustrated

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love the color!  David's always pushing 'foodie red' in kitchen items, but I prefer the green.  Very fresh looking.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

It turns out that I've been using Little Green way more often than I use Big Green. I made basmati rice in it tonight - absolutely perfect!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gem

When I purchased the first one, it never occurred ot me that I'd purchase another. I first thought I'd choose an entirely different color, but at the last minute my OCD tendencies got the best of me. My kitchen is pale yellow with white cabinets and the green is a nice pop.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@sabatini

I do love my stove. When we puchased this home nine years ago, the owner was a professional chef. He just bought all new appliances and found out he was being transferred to another restaurant in Boston.  So, we lucked out and got appliances that were higher-end than what we would have purchased and they were literally brand new.  Now, nine years later they are still performing miracles, lol.  I only realized two years ago that the oven is also a convection oven... duh...you wouldn't think I'd miss that, but I did.  We had an electric range in my NY home. I finally got the knack of it, but it was difficult.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

@sabatini

I do love my stove. When we puchased this home nine years ago, the owner was a professional chef. He just bought all new appliances and found out he was being transferred to another restaurant in Boston.  So, we lucked out and got appliances that were higher-end than what we would have purchased and they were literally brand new.  Now, nine years later they are still performing miracles, lol.  I only realized two years ago that the oven is also a convection oven... duh...you wouldn't think I'd miss that, but I did.  We had an electric range in my NY home. I finally got the knack of it, but it was difficult.

@house_cat , you lucked out w/ those appliances! Good for you!
I know you live in So CA, and as I've mentioned, I used to. Back then I had a real thing for vintage stoves - primarily those made by O'Keefe & Merritt, a Los Angeles based company. I had NEVER had a 'new' stove! Didn't want one.
Anyway, when I sold our little place in Orange County, the buyer insisted that my stove be included w/ the sale of the house. I was devastated! I'd had that thing forever. The shelf above kept suppers warm, & was the perfect place to set a pie to cool. There was a griddle down the center that my kids learned to cook pancakes on. We were all very attached to it, but had to leave it behind. Smiley Sad
Afterwards, I did manage to scrounge an oldie, but when it died & I was unable to afford another oldie (that were now outrageously priced), I knew it was time to buy a brand-spanking-new-stove. It took me FOREVER to decide on one, and yours is the one I chose. Smiley Happy I miss that damned thing. Enjoy it! Heart
Happy cooking!

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini

I love all things vintage. @lolakimono sends me vintage kitchen photos from time to time, and they are glorious!  If I remodeled I'd love to go that route.  

I also see those mega-stoves on cooking shows and magazines.  I know a woman who installed one in her home and had to redo the house's electrical system to accommodate it.  I'm pretty sure one of those stoves is larger than my entire kitchen, but a girl can dream......

I've never been one to purchase appliances based on status or price, but I have to say that I learned a lesson about ovens - the quality of your oven playsa HUGE part in the success of your baking.

~ house cat ~