Honored Contributor

I have a set of those Technique bowls.  Well, half a set as I gave two of them to my cleaning lady.

I also really like them.   I don't put mine in the dishwasher, though.  I hand-wash them, keeping a finger over that hole on the bottom of the handle, to preclude water from getting in there.   Just takes a few seconds.  Smiley Happy

As for the Temptations stuff - I am amazed that this stuff is so popular.  Aside from being poorly crafted it's just so unattractive.  I can't even imagine wanting ANYTHING in my house with such garish designs.  I guess I'm just very boring.

BTW, for the fans of this line, there is a Temptations forum.  Just click on 'My Favorite Brand' - on the left at the top of the rest of the forum names, and you'll see it.

Respected Contributor

Thanks CB and Nova..I just ordered them!

New Contributor

Re: My reality check for the day (temptations)

At least that won't crack, chip or explode in your oven

Honored Contributor

I don't understand all the controversy.  Most of my tableware is what QVC calls "boring whiteware". I love it.

However, I also purchased these two items this year in light blue.  I keep them both on the counters because I use them constantly.  They make me smile.... and when they stop making me smile, I'll donate them and I will have already gotten my money's worth. Not everything we buy has to be a lifetime investment.

Cook and Look Set

Canister Set

~ house cat ~
New Contributor

I have one thing I ordered a few years ago that is Temptations. It's a set of two bowls in turquoise with the white polka dots. I think i've baked in them once after I read of so many people complaining of them cracking in the oven. I don't use them often, however I will serve a cold salad or something like that or even use them for leftovers storage. I've told my husband it's a good thing they are made in China or I would have several more pieces, lol. Now each time i'm watching and Temptations is on air, hubby makes the comment. "that's the one's that are made in China", lol.

I have some Pyrex and other products made in USA so I will just stick with them.

Spoiler

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just read the daily complaints on her Facebook page about breakage and cracks.....and she never addresses the issue. The most you get out of them is to call CS which, of course, they make you pay $9.95 per piece if they are even still covered under warranty.  Either that, or you get a scolding that you are doing something wrong and should take care of them better.  I personally never baked in them over 375, I hand wash, I never go from cold to jot or not to cold, I never soak them, and I have an entire oven to table set broken and cracked beyond safe use.  It is a quality and a safety issue.

in the QVC Facebook groups there are pictures all of the time of breakage with several dozen responses that they also have the same issue.

qvc isn't fixing it, Temptations isn't fixing it, and they are laughing at us as they get rich.  Well, I am waiting for a class action lawsuit soon with reports of damage to ovens and to people themselves as these items are breaking in the oven and while being hand washed.

i will stick with my "boring white ware" that lasts 10, 20 years. They can make fun of it all they want on air, but it is better than the garbage they are selling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

image.jpegWell since this is a topic...I love Temptations but now I'm convinced the older pieces are better quality & "hand painted" better!

I received a gift of H40159 -- omg the paint is HORRIBLE.  One background color looks almost BROWN VS. CREAM, The one paint looks OLIVE vs green, and a bowl looks oval and boy are those bowls SMALL!!!

I only wanted them to coordinate with my holiday dishes so we picked green.  Not sure what others found but this is NOT the quality of the ones I have from many many years ago!!!

Then the other thing, I haven't ordered a big set like this and how does one repack it unless youve worked in her factory.  Its a mess....

Yard sale items I can see!