Respected Contributor

Thanks for the tip, @SharkE 

I just ordered it in red.

Price was too good to ignore, and my slightly smaller slow cooker doen't quite hold as much as I'd sometimes like. 

No reason we can't slow-cook in cast iron........do it all the time in smaller sizes.

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your meals.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Don't do that to me!  Woman Embarassed  I thought you'd bought a new necklace or bracelet or something and was going to cook "in" it--WEARING it.

Woman Frustrated Woman Indifferent Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE  Don't do that to me!  Woman Embarassed  I thought you'd bought a new necklace or bracelet or something and was going to cook "in" it--WEARING it.

Woman Frustrated Woman Indifferent Woman Surprised

tee hee, tee hee, no, I'm waiting to sell off some gold when price is right not buying right now.

Bought me a new paring knife today too, serrated edge and never needs sharpening like those of Chef Tony's that is the best **** knife ever made. Bought 2 sets of those. Needed a good non Wal-Mart peeling potato knife and bought this one at EverythingKitchens.

Shp. cost me as much as the knife, but, I'll have it by Wed. No fleas on that company.

I'm letting loose what with the stimulus check coming in I bought something else, but, not saying what it is till I know it's been shipped.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Thanks for the tip, @SharkE 

I just ordered it in red.

Price was too good to ignore, and my slightly smaller slow cooker doen't quite hold as much as I'd sometimes like. 

No reason we can't slow-cook in cast iron........do it all the time in smaller sizes.

Glad to hear it !   Let cast iron cool down after using. This 1 is non stick and that man shows mac and cheese not sticking. After it cools down, then, you can let it soak if you want to . Cast iron will split in 2 if you have a hot pan then hit with cold tap water.

You might already know this , but, I've been around awhile and know what will take what.

I had a concrete rabbit out in the yard up in Ind one yr. Freezing cold up there and for some reason I wanted to move it or maybe it had fallen over, but, I picked it up by the ears to rearrange it and ears snapped off. told hubbo "huh, CONCRETE would break off like that?"

He hollered "Yeah, dumb*** it's porous" something like that anyway I learned the hard way just because something is cast iron or concrete it's subject to elements.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE 

Thx for the heads up, you're going to get alot of use out of that pan. I don't need it but its an excellent deal. 😊 Enjoy. 

⚓️
Respected Contributor

Re: My purchase today

[ Edited ]

@SharkE 

Do you or anyone else have any comments about the fact that the exterior of this cast iron Dutch oven is made of "silicone polyester" and that it's advertised as  dishwasher safe?

Those two features seem rather odd after being used to LeCreuset enameled cast iron cookware.

But for the price of this item, I'm willing to give it a spin in the dishwasher and take my chances.  A 6-qt. is quite heavy, and I gave up an LC brand of that size years ago because it was too hard to handwash, due to weight.

Honored Contributor

I usually don't sweat stuff like that. In my mind I'd say that's what would make it lighter wgt.  I don't want that JC Penny stuff that is like really heavy and I mean really heavy. Le Crueset is too expensive and too heavy also.

I'll probably wash mine by hand anyway.

Nonstick, so not like your gonna have to scrub it like in the old days.

I got a BIG piece like this from QVC and put small turkeys in it, Big rib roast and I love it.   You can't even get into Bed and Bath now either who knows when they're gonna reopen.   For what I paid almost 30 I was all over it.

Honored Contributor

plum and red colors sold out by the way.

still think my gold is the prettiest ROFL

Respected Contributor

@SharkE 

Thanks!  I just ordered this in black to go onto my Big Green Egg (Komado style BBQ/smoker). The black won't show the smoke and grill damage.  

I'll make flat bread pizza, chili, and much more.  Now, I don't have to buy a pizza stone!  Heart