Trusted Contributor

Re: My oven has a setting for ""Speed Bake"". Has anyone used this?

Yes house_cat I have a Frigidaire with speed bake feature and sometimes use it. I forget I have it a lot of time, but it's great to speed things along when you need to. I did a meatloaf yesterday in about 1/2 the time as regular bake. Well maybe not quite half but close, you need to keep an eye. It's also great for things you want "crispy" as the air circulating really helps to crisp things up, even frozen pizza or chicken fingers. Experiment! I think it's a great feature.

Honored Contributor

On 5/24/2014 daisyk said:

Yes house_cat I have a Frigidaire with speed bake feature and sometimes use it. I forget I have it a lot of time, but it's great to speed things along when you need to. I did a meatloaf yesterday in about 1/2 the time as regular bake. Well maybe not quite half but close, you need to keep an eye. It's also great for things you want "crispy" as the air circulating really helps to crisp things up, even frozen pizza or chicken fingers. Experiment! I think it's a great feature.

I'm so excited about this! It's like a new toy that I didn't know I had. I've been seeing the switch for Speed Bake, but I assumed that a shortcut of any kind would not produce a quality product. Now I 'm thinking of my oven fries. I've developed a way of making "fries" in the oven that dH and I like more than traditional French fries. Sometimes, though, they overcook as I try to get them as crispy as possible. I'm going to try the Speed Bake next time I make them.

Thanks to everyone on the thread for insight.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I cut up some red potatoes tonight, tossed them with a little bit of olive oil and some Herbs de Provence. I laid them on a cookie sheet and turned the Speed Bake on at 400 degrees. They were done in half the time and were crispy on the outside and soft inside. I was very impressed. I'm so glad I asked. Thank you all for your replies.

~ house cat ~