Honored Contributor

My microwave just died

[ Edited ]

I cook in the microwave more often than I cook on the stove!  It died tonight just as the casserole was fnished.

it's about 10 years old I had been thinking of replacing the oven ever since I  dropped the glass plate for the turntable and had been using a microwave safe plate!

Went on Amazon - new oven will be here on Monday! 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I cook in the microwave more often than I cook on the stove!  It died tonight just as the casserole was fnished.

I had been thinking of replacing - it's about 10 years old, and I dropped the glass plate for the turntable and had been using a microwave save plate!

Went on Amazon - new one will be here on Monday! 

@ALRATIBA 

Did you buy a Microwave or a microwave turntable?  I am confused but it does not take much to confuse me.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Good question .... I can see how that happened.  Must re-arrange those sentences.

Bought an entire new oven.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Nonametoday 

Good question .... I can see how that happened.  Must re-arrange those sentences.

@ALRATIBA 

Oh, good for you.  Mine was about that age (about 12 years old, actually) and I had to buy a new one.  I miss my old one.  It was like losing an old friend.  I use mine every single day, at least twice per day.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Same here - I'm going to have to cook (and reheat) on the stove Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday ... and Monday's breakfast!

Worse thing about cooking on the stove - is cleaning up later.  With the microwave - just once over with a sponge!

----------------------------------

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Nonametoday 

@ALRATIBA 

Oh, good for you.  Mine was about that age (about 12 years old, actually) and I had to buy a new one.  I miss my old one.  It was like losing an old friend.  I use mine every single day, at least twice per day.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I do NOT like my stove.  I think that is one reason I use it so infrequently.  It is the high-profile GE that my husband chose.  Glass top. Cleaning it is like scrubbing floors.  I have to use Barkeeper Friend any time I use it. I wish he had never laid eyes on that thing.  

Enjoy your new microwave.  I certainly love my new one.  This one, although not as pricy as the previous one, has some easier function keys for setting the clock, timer, surface light, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA May I ask what brand and wattage you bought?

Mine is way way older than you'res was.......over 20  GE average power I'd guess....

I don't like cooking in it.......used to warm dog food - coffee - warm up some veggies........but nothing big time.

Dread the day it kicks.......and then getting rid  of the old one.....

Thanx

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

it's about 10 years old I had been thinking of replacing the oven ever since I  dropped the glass plate for the turntable and had been using a microwave safe plate!

Went on Amazon - new oven will be here on Monday! 

@ALRATIBA  Ours died about 6 months ago. We ordered one on Amazon too...it was at our door in less than 24 hours! Love Amazon!❤️👍

Honored Contributor

I barely use my microwave. I would get rid of it, but it is useful for thawing meat.  It takes up too much room.

Enjoy your new microwave.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd be way upset if my m'wave died after only 10 years. But I admire your ability to order another one so quickly.

I use mine a few times daily, but have gone weeks without using the stovetop.

I bought my m'wave on sale in July 1987. I don't think they even make Goldstar brand anymore, but mine's still working like new. I will be crushed when it finally dies.