Honored Contributor

My lazy way to clean Le Creuset

I simply soak it overnight and put into dishwasher.  Perfectly clean, even that stuff that is one step short of burned. 

Respected Contributor

Re: My lazy way to clean Le Creuset

@depglass wrote:

I simply soak it overnight and put into dishwasher.  Perfectly clean, even that stuff that is one step short of burned. 

Usually I find it so easy to clean that it's actually more trouble to prep it for the diswasher than to just wash it out.

Valued Contributor

My le creuset pans are fairly easy to clean but are more difficult than ,say, non-stick Curtis stone, Deen Bros, Rachael Ray etc.

Honored Contributor

@giddy upI don't have any Le Crueset -  way too heavy for me to handle.

My favorite way to clean the non-stick I use most of the time is with a scrub daddy softened in hot water and a dot of dish detergent.  Never had a scratch and everything comes off with very little effort.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

I've never had a mess inside my LC pots that didn't come right off after an overnight soak. 

The problem I have is with the little specks that get baked on the outsides of the vessels.  I received a new piece this week, which inspired me to give my three older pieces a thorough cleaning. I had to really rub and scrub with a microfiber cloth and baking soda to get rid of the specks.  However, some of it is simply baked on and there's nothing I can do to restore them completely.  I guess I'll have to consider it to be "patina" and get over it.

If anyone knows a trick, please pass it along. Thank you.

IMG_5551.JPG

IMG_7922.JPG

IMG_5398.JPG

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@depglass 

I've never had a mess inside my LC pots that didn't come right off after an overnight soak. 

The problem I have is with the little specks that get baked on the outsides of the vessels.  I received a new piece this week, which inspired me to give my three older pieces a thorough cleaning. I had to really rub and scrub with a microfiber cloth and baking soda to get rid of the specks.  However, some of it is simply baked on and there's nothing I can do to restore them completely.  I guess I'll have to consider it to be "patina" and get over it.

If anyone knows a trick, please pass it along. Thank you.

IMG_5551.JPG

IMG_7922.JPG

IMG_5398.JPG

Have you tried using Barkeeper's Friend?   or try a paste made out of baking soda and water.  Leave on all night and next day scrub off with a plastic scrubbie.  Both work really well for me.  Good luck

Honored Contributor

@IamDoodles 

I ran out of Barkeeper's Friend.  I used a paste of baking soda and water and a microfiber sponge, but I think the bottoms are too burned on to ever come clean. I never thought of leaving it on overnight.  I'm going shopping tomorrow, I'll get some and give it a try.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

I make kale saute in my 5qt brasier- the last time I had areas that just wouldn't come off with scrub daddy, momma, baby, puppy, kitten, or the kid nextdoor....

so I pulled out Barkeeper's....off in seconds.  I keep forgetting I have it because I store it in no man's cabinet, so deep in the back I need my bird watching binoculars.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

@froggy That is why that commercial is so cute, the little girl says' my Mom washes the dishes before he puts them in the dish washer. I thought I would rather wash them as I cook.

Respected Contributor

Try spray oven cleaner...a good brand not these gimmick non-chemical non odor types. Good Ole Easy Off comes to mind!!!!

I would try it on a small spot on the bottom of that pan that looks stained.

Do it outside or in your garage on a few sheets of newspaper.

A lot of stoves and ranges have porcelain coated parts, or enameled tops and they are not damaged by oven cleaner.

Make sure to READ the label on the oven cleaner can BEFORE you use it just in case that is specifies NOT to use on enamel.

But try Barkeepers Friend first.

Oven cleaner and a soft rag won't scratch either!!! Try it on a little unseen spot and don't leave it on any longer than it needs to be on the surface. It may help to warm the cast iron vessel first ( like you would prior to cleaning an oven).