Esteemed Contributor

My husband has been in the kitchen...

for 45 minutes already shelling and de-veining shrimp for dinner.  I fear we'll be eating at 9 p.m.  LOL!

Respected Contributor

Re: My husband has been in the kitchen...

@sfnative  Lol. That's like when my hubby wants to cook something for the Holidays and tells me not to worry, I won't have to do anything. God Bless him, but I usually just wish I had done it. Not to mention the mess, ugh. 😄 

Honored Contributor

I use an embroidery scissors to shell and devein shrimp.    It goes fast.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I prefer mine stays OUT of the kitchen....he makes such a mess...LOL

Respected Contributor

There may be an advantage to a husband that can barely boil water. (And I'd have to get the pan for him)

LOL 

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

DH is messy but he's one heck of a good cook so anytime he chooses to feed me I'm all for it.  I get so tired of thinking about what to have, thawing something out, fixing it every night.  He has no prob getting in there and going at it.  I almost don't care how messy he is, almost.  LOL

AND I do applaud any man who gets in the kitchen, knows what he's doing, and creates a great meal.  I blame all mothers everywhere who does not teach their boys how to cook - and I'm not talking about JUST making a pot of coffee or boiling water!!! 

IMO men need to know how to cook, clean, do laundry, buy groceries, clip coupons!!!  Ok maybe not clip coupons but they certainly need to know the rest.

@sfnative  As for those shrimp - it's very much ok to buy shrimp that's already cooked & deveined.  It is very time consuming and gross to devein!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure my husband knows we have a kitchen!

Honored Contributor

I did most of the cooking years ago, but now my husband is the cook. He loves everything about cooking. He's always had a knack for it -- very intuitive. He's an amazing chef. And he is also is considerate in not leaving a total mess. I do the cleaning after we eat.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  Love your post.  How refreshing to know that you also have a great chef of the male persuasion.

DH here loves to be in the kitchen, loves to read cook books and we have a bunch.  We also get about 3-4 really nice cooking/recipe mags too.  He's all over them way before I get to them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

I have taken cooking classes for years.  It used to be an all female hobby but the last few years there are as many men as women in the classes.  

PS:  Ignore the spoiler bar.....