Honored Contributor

My first trip to the grocery store

Now that sounds intriging!!--HAWoman Very Happy

Yes-- I did go to my local grocery store for the first time since last Oct when I broke my ankle!!!! Have been cooped up in my apt since about a month ago when I can now walk and all is healed--it was a treat, I must say. There is a very nice Haggen in town that has just about everything you can imagine in it and DD and I did a small amount of shopping-- but it was how it looked that was a feast for these eyes--produce was beautiful, bakery the same and the prepared food in the cases--a thing of beauty!!! Just so nice to walk around again. They have a good sized nursey outside so many spring flowers and plants---the sun was out and it was a pleasure for me. However--THE PRICES!!!!!!!! Was going to buy a deli chicken---dang--they were $10.99!!!! Last time I bought one they were $7.99----wow!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: My first trip to the grocery store

Glad to hear that your ankle is healed and you are getting out and about. Just in time for spring to start popping.

I go grocery shopping about 2 or 3 times a week. And the prices shock me each visit. 

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl I have to admit I never paid a lot of attention to prices for individual grocery items. I would try to buy on sale but if I needed something that wasn't, oh well, I needed it so I bought it. What I am noticing the most is my overall grocery bill.

I shop about 3x a week and with the exception of my Costco trips, my grocery bill is up $50-100 each trip within this last year. I definitely shop sales and try to skip items that aren't on sale, if possible. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Glad you enjoyed your walkabout!  Nice time of year for it.

Valued Contributor

Congratulations on getting out and about for the first in a long time!!!

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl wow, that's a long time!  Glad you out and about now.  Isn't nice when the stores are stocked well and look nice?  

We're just trying to shop sales more, but I don't like going from store-to-store.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't been in a grocery store in the past 4 years and have no plans to retirn anytime soon. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I haven't been in a grocery store in the past 4 years and have no plans to retirn anytime soon. 

@Kachina624 I agree! I do not miss grocery shopping!  

Super Contributor

Me either!!! Never enjoyed it and once the lockdowns began and I found a better way to shop I will never go back! I LOVE not going!! I am so happy for the lady that broke her ankle and finally got out. I had cataracts removed and one had gotten really bad and when I saw all the pretty colors and stuff I was so happy! I kinda know how she feels in that respect!
Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the nice comments! Woman Very Happy

No, I don't like to gocery shop in person either--I order online and have for years now-- but do like to pick out my own produce. Plus DD and I do walk, as we live so close-- so that is a great way for me to get my ankle back in shape----as well as the the rest of what is attached to it---if you catch my drift Woman Tongue