Trusted Contributor

Re: My family should have done an intervention

[ Edited ]

After reading your post about your "collection" I got to thinking.

I'll bet most of us wouldn't have many of the "collections" we have if we didn't watch HSN or QVC.  I certainly wouldn't keep buying kitchen items in the brick & mortar stores.  I'd probably just shop for what I needed.  On line shopping is too easy and addictive, especially with easy payments.  IMO we tend to shop on impulse.

Honored Contributor

Yes, you have too much but I think using pitchers as vases for some springtime bouquets is a great idea.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have three 9 X 13" pans and I'm a family of one who cooks for nobody else.  I think many women get compulsive about Lock & Lock which I don't understand.  I have one small set plus 3 extra pieces.

I’m a lock& lock hoarder, and darned if I can explain it .

@QVCkitty1   LOL.  I have a friend who took out the area for her range, top and bottom parts.  She had an upper oven and a lower cook-top with 6 burners, a griddle and oven and replaced it with cabinets to keep her Lock & Lock.  LOL.  She knocked out a wall and put a place for a smaller stove.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have three 9 X 13" pans and I'm a family of one who cooks for nobody else.  I think many women get compulsive about Lock & Lock which I don't understand.  I have one small set plus 3 extra pieces.

I’m a lock& lock hoarder, and darned if I can explain it .

@QVCkitty1   LOL.  I have a friend who took out the area for her range, top and bottom parts.  She had an upper oven and a lower cook-top with 6 burners, a griddle and oven and replaced it with cabinets to keep her Lock & Lock.  LOL.  She knocked out a wall and put a place for a smaller stove.  

Wow, Ifeel better now, I’m not that bad. LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

First World problems. How many of us need shoe purchases interventions.LOL

Respected Contributor

@sweetee2had to laugh, as my DH says the same thing.Smiley Happy

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

I am equally as bad about Lock and Lock, table linens and cookware but the worst for me is Lenox Butterfly Meadow. Every time they come out with a new variation I buy two sets. I think now I probably have about service for 40. What's worse is that my DH likes it too and he's the one who points it out on QVC. This doesn't count all my holiday dishes.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99   When I worked I had  shoe, purse and clothes issues too.  Now that I'm retired I just shake my head. I shudder when I think how much money I spent. I didn't work in a fashion hub of the country. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's not hard to collect more than you need, especially if you have the room to store it. I don't have a lot of storage, so I've donated a lot and sold some of it in garage sales. I still have one or two cabinets to go through.....a huge frying pan for chicken - haven't fried chicken for years! I've never been a big fan of Lock & Lock and it's a good thing - no room for anything but my few pieces of Pyrex glass storage containers (barely)!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

YOU are not alone🙃.  My sons laugh that they are selling the house "as is" meaning the new owner can clean it out!  If not, my older son delegated my younger son the job...lol

I am a kitchen, tableware, bakeware junkie🙃