Esteemed Contributor

My family should have done an intervention

In going through a kitchen cabinet this am I realized I had 4, yes 4, 9x13 pans. Who needs 4. If if I do a casserole and a cake in in the same day, I don't need 4.

I have 2 sets (16 total) Temptation dessert plates, I've used them twice in 8 years. 

I have 2 Temptaion Old world pitchers,a blue and a yellow, couldn't decide. I bought them to use for flowers. They do look nice on my window sill w/a nice flower arrangement, but I actual vases.

I have 10 mixes bowels plus two for my Kitchen Aid mixer.  I have never used 10 mixes bowls in one day in 50 yrs. of marriage. Ever.

Lock n Lock, don't ask.   Placemats, don't ask.

I have more dish clothes and dish towels than any sane person needs. Last year I gave my niece 10 table clothes and just kept a white one.

There is more but I am depressing myself.  The aggravation of storing it now and weeding it out outweighs any happiness all that stuff may have given me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My family should have done an intervention

Sounds like you know what you need to do!!

Honored Contributor

I have three 9 X 13" pans and I'm a family of one who cooks for nobody else.  I think many women get compulsive about Lock & Lock which I don't understand.  I have one small set plus 3 extra pieces.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I'll take one of your 9x13, I was just thinking I need one...

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I don't blame my family for my issues.  I have more than you have and we are empty nesters.  My DH asked me why I needed three 2-cup measuring cups and two half-gallon ones and I told him it was because I liked having them in case he broke some of the other ones.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday   I was not blaming my family, the title is my, obviously unsuccessful, attempt at humor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Nonametoday   I was not blaming my family, the title is my, obviously unsuccessful, attempt at humor.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Gotcha.  I laugh with you and not at you.  My family needed one worse than I do.  You should have seen my mother's house before all the hired help, nurses, aides, PT people and housekepeers stole all they did before she died.

Honored Contributor

i hzve a really small kitchen and not a lot of storage / pantry space. Everything that comes in must be useful and I really really really need it and love it

I have 1 glass 9x13 and 1 metal 9x13

I broke down and got 4 sheet pans bc baking cookies on 2 was not cutting duirng the holidays - but that's about it.

I have one 1 cup pyrex measuring cup for liquids - yes I have to concentrate when I need 4 cups so I don't lose count. No need to get another size cause don't have the room and I can still count thankfully.

If I had ample space - perhaps I would buy differently but still (1) one cup measuring cup

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have three 9 X 13" pans and I'm a family of one who cooks for nobody else.  I think many women get compulsive about Lock & Lock which I don't understand.  I have one small set plus 3 extra pieces.

I’m a lock& lock hoarder, and darned if I can explain it .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2    You sound like me.  I was getting ready to clean out my 'junk room' on Wednesday of this week and saw that I had 4 popover pans (the smaller ones) and 2 of the larger ones.  I have made popovers once in my life.  I kind of doubt I'll ever make popovers again...    And NordicWare bundt cake pans -- I didn't even count those...  I'm in big trouble..