Contributor

My dubious Temp-tations distinction...........

OK- I am not a Temp-tations hater. Almost all the ones I have are older and have served me well; I don't care for the polka dots or Old World and don't need anymore ceramic bakeware so that too is a moot point, I'm pretty much not a Temp-tations customer,,,but don't ask me about Lock & Lock, I'm obsessed.

But, I am also the proud owner of all three of the Temp-tations "bad examples": the old "spendy" baking dish,,a Tracy Porter pattern called Olivewood; the current "lotsabucks" Fiestaware baking dish which is really a current color they call "Ivory" but which is pretty darn yellow even in person, AND the plate setting they currently sell now as the "bad example" when presenting Temp-tations dinnerware; this is another Tracy Porter pattern.

Tracy Porter is hardly common, and she has produced lots and lots of patterns, a number of which used to be sold in Target. Fiestaware is trendy, but when I ask for some piece in the ivory color in Macy's I have to find a piece or explain it, although the current technical name actually IS "Ivory".

I have to wonder what the chances are that I would have all three of these bad examples.....