Esteemed Contributor

Re: My dirty little Lock & Lock secret....

@house_cat wrote:

Since I came clean about my Honey Baked Turkey, I thought I'd also confess what I found in my garage today.... a box of Lock & Lock that I had completely forgotten about.

Is there a 12 step program for this?

IMG_9386.JPG

@house_cat ..... lol ha ha .... that looks exactly like the Lock & Lock set that’s in the pantry in my garage .... same color & still wrapped up ..... I have so much that I can sell the stuff on QVC🤣😂🙃

Respected Contributor

I'm afraid there is no help for a L & L addiction. To make storage easier I decided to completely switch over to the nestable version and I ordered two or three sets of every nestable set that was available. Of course that was waaay more than I needed. I took 10 years worth of the old ones and packed them away - except for the ones I use to store pantry dry goods items. So now I have two huge boxes of old L & L in the garage that I can't bring myself to get rid of. I think I just have to bite the bullet and donate them!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

Since I came clean about my Honey Baked Turkey, I thought I'd also confess what I found in my garage today.... a box of Lock & Lock that I had completely forgotten about.

Is there a 12 step program for this?

IMG_9386.JPG

Omgosh! We need to create a club:

" SSF " Secret Stash Found-Save Money Save Shopping".

I found 4 huge L&L kits, all different, aka, I just crossed off 4-8 people from my holiday gift list!Cat Wink

p.s. I'll probably end up keeping some,  oh yeah.... I'll still buy more L&L for meCat Surprised

and...I've found many things I've put away, thinking I'd remember what and where they were....rarely happens.

I'm always happy when I find something, I usually say something like- I've always wanted this! rolls eyesCat Embarassed

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

I ordered two sets of those bowls too!  I opened one and didn't like them for some reason, gave them away, then found another set later on and donated them.  I have pared down my storage things and basically use a few pieces of glass now, and am not keeping as many leftovers.  

Honored Contributor

Think of it this way, Christmas came early at your house.

Respected Contributor

You are NOT alone!

Respected Contributor

@bowlicious wrote:

I am  going to buy lock n lock when we go to my sisters for Christmas dinner. After dinner I help put away the food and it is hard to find something to put all the left overs in that will stack in her fridge. This way it will be much easier and I think my sister will like it when she opens it up to eat the left overs.

You are thoughtful and kind-hearted.

Trusted Contributor

@house_catYour post is so funny!  LOL 12 step program.

Don't ya know, I came across an unopened box yesterday.  Had no clue what was in it till I opened it.  Guess what ~~~ Lock and Lock !   

untitled.png

Respected Contributor

You just gave me the laugh of the day!  Great question!

Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I'm afraid there is no help for a L & L addiction. To make storage easier I decided to completely switch over to the nestable version and I ordered two or three sets of every nestable set that was available. Of course that was waaay more than I needed. I took 10 years worth of the old ones and packed them away - except for the ones I use to store pantry dry goods items. So now I have two huge boxes of old L & L in the garage that I can't bring myself to get rid of. I think I just have to bite the bullet and donate them!

When I find I have repeated myself with purchasing and get overwhelmed with L&L, I donate and it gets used!  And it feels good to pass our beloved L&L on to others!