Trusted Contributor

Re: My desert island QVC food Item

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JasoninBoston    These meals sound interesting.  I'm always looking for something quick, easy, and nutritious.  By spicy, do you mean hot?

@Kachina624 

Basically, if you like Indian food I think you would like this.

The one that's hot is the chipotle.  And the other one I like has coconut milk and is mild.

That said as well another poster said they made her feel sick--given my mom's issues that could also be due to the fact that these are chick peas based. Some people have problems with chick peas--like some people can't tolerate beans....

Either way I would look at the site and see the ingredient list and maybe let that guide you as well.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @JasoninBoston .  I'm going to try them when they become available.  Appreciate your mentioning of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

@JasoninBoston, does this food spoil?  I ordered the one with the potato and QVC has it in process ready for UPS since 4/28!  I really wanted to try this 'cause sounds exactly what I'd like (I'm not a meat person and this seems like good protein).  

If there's no "freshness factor" I'll keep waiting for this to ship; if it can get stale, I'll ask the Mods to cancel.

Thanx.

@eddyandme 

No that's why I got them... I wanted to have them as back up.  I think they last a year or more.

They are in a bag that you can just put in the kitchen cabinet and don't need refrigeration even.

I just put the bag in water and bring to a boil and then put it in a bowl.

Since I am on 1500 calories a day diet his is a very easy low cal lunch. The one I had today for lunch was 260 calories and the other one I like with the coconut milk has 320.

They are super easy and (as long as you like Indian food) super yummy!

My last shipment was also super delayed. From what it looks like it's a small family business and I think they are struggling to keep up with everyone's orders!!

Frequent Contributor

@JasoninBoston  I love spicy and ethnic foods, so that's not a problem for me!  I ordered the combo which, unfortunately, is on waitlist.  I look forward to trying them over rice or couscous, or maybe with roasted brussel sprouts.

Trusted Contributor

@Shop Too Much wrote:

@JasoninBoston  I love spicy and ethnic foods, so that's not a problem for me!  I ordered the combo which, unfortunately, is on waitlist.  I look forward to trying them over rice or couscous, or maybe with roasted brussel sprouts.

@Shop Too Much 

Wonderful!

I did manage another order of the Chipotle so I am excited for that as well!