Trusted Contributor

My desert island QVC food Item

[ Edited ]

So up until the virus I ate almost every meal out.....

This meant that the prices for the QVC food items actually seemed reasonable to me!!

However, given I eat I plant based diet, there weren't many options.  But when I saw the Vana Life Food presentation I was super excited as it combined plant based w/ Indian food. I couldn't click buy fast enough and I have received and eaten three orders so far!!  They are so yummy, low calorie and super easy to make.  My favorites are their Chipotle and Coconut Lime.

I just tried to order more but it seems like they're sold out again!! I think they were overwhelmed a bit with responses because I had trouble getting my last shipment and read in the reviews that others did as well.

If anyone else wants a quick and easy lunch or dinner option, I would definitely recommend them if they're not sold out!!!

mmmmmmm

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 10.45.08 AM.png

Anyone else try this?

HeartHeartHeart

Frequent Contributor

Re: My desert island QVC food Item

@JasoninBoston Thanks for the recommendation.  I have not seen these before and they look and sound excellent.  I'll definitely give them a try!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did NOT like them  at all. In fact they made me very  sick........

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston Sorry you are having issues with this!  

We eat a lot of meals similar to what these look like, and we enjoy them a lot.  I'll tell you what we do and maybe it would be something you'd like.

Many canned beans are very good.  So we often use a can of black beans (rinsed), a can of tomatoes (anything from diced to fire roasted), a can of crispy whole kernal corn, and add broth (veggie or chicken) and spices to make a soup.

Sometimes the "soup" is all rinsed and without broth and becomes the basis of a salad with the addition of an oil and vinegar dressing.

Often we will serve the soup with an addition of rice, farro, quinoa, or any other grain or a pasta.  Sometimes we use a grain or pasta with the salad, and for us we'll add tuna or meat to ours. 

We use a lot of spices--so add whatever you like!  And there are good spice mixes from Milk Street, Penzeys, Spice House and many others.

So we have a lot of fun with these combos--and if you can cook your own garbanzo beans I will tell you they are a lot better than canned!  But those will be fine!  

Just tossing those ideas out for consideration!  Sometimes you have to back up and punt in times like these!  Good luck in getting what you really want though! 

Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I did NOT like them  at all. In fact they made me very  sick........

@MalteseMomma 

I am so sorry to hear this.

They are quite spicy and perhaps that's the reason.

I was going to send them to my mom---but as a cancer patient she has to be very careful about what she eats as most things make her sick-- so I didn't. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@JasoninBoston Sorry you are having issues with this!  

We eat a lot of meals similar to what these look like, and we enjoy them a lot.  I'll tell you what we do and maybe it would be something you'd like.

Many canned beans are very good.  So we often use a can of black beans (rinsed), a can of tomatoes (anything from diced to fire roasted), a can of crispy whole kernal corn, and add broth (veggie or chicken) and spices to make a soup.

Sometimes the "soup" is all rinsed and without broth and becomes the basis of a salad with the addition of an oil and vinegar dressing.

Often we will serve the soup with an addition of rice, farro, quinoa, or any other grain or a pasta.  Sometimes we use a grain or pasta with the salad, and for us we'll add tuna or meat to ours. 

We use a lot of spices--so add whatever you like!  And there are good spice mixes from Milk Street, Penzeys, Spice House and many others.

So we have a lot of fun with these combos--and if you can cook your own garbanzo beans I will tell you they are a lot better than canned!  But those will be fine!  

Just tossing those ideas out for consideration!  Sometimes you have to back up and punt in times like these!  Good luck in getting what you really want though! 

Thank you!!

I should try this but need to get the ingredients!!

What a thoughtful response!!! 

@Sooner 

Trusted Contributor

@Shop Too Much wrote:

@JasoninBoston Thanks for the recommendation.  I have not seen these before and they look and sound excellent.  I'll definitely give them a try!

@Shop Too Much 

Based on someone else's response I do think I should add they are spicy.

So if you dont like spicy food they aren't the best.

I would use this guideline--- if you like Indian food--I do think you'll enjoy these!!

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston    These meals sound interesting.  I'm always looking for something quick, easy, and nutritious.  By spicy, do you mean hot?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston I am glad you found this interesting!  We add celery, bell peppers, cucumbers (to the cold salads), tomatoes, olives, capers and all sorts of things to the bean meals to use up what is in the fridge!

It's fun to be creative and experiment, and beans, grains tomatoes and corn are the basis for so many things easily duplicated at home!  Have fun!  Invent something new!  

Esteemed Contributor

@JasoninBoston, does this food spoil?  I ordered the one with the potato and QVC has it in process ready for UPS since 4/28!  I really wanted to try this 'cause sounds exactly what I'd like (I'm not a meat person and this seems like good protein).  

If there's no "freshness factor" I'll keep waiting for this to ship; if it can get stale, I'll ask the Mods to cancel.

Thanx.