Respected Contributor

Re: My clothes washer and dish washer are BOTH out of service this week!

On 3/16/2014 gardenman said:
On 3/15/2014 Nightowlz said:

That really stinks. Easy to wash dishes by hand but I'm not doing my laundry by hand. LOL!!! It would be a real pain doing numerous loads of laundry at the laundromat. Hope you get them fixed are new ones really fast. When my dryer quit working I had a new one in 2 days.

Actually, I find doing the laundry at the laundromat easier, more convenient, and possibly less expensive than doing it at home. I typically do five or six loads at a time and I'm in and out of the laundromat in less than two hours. My local laundromat is about six minutes away and has modern equipment. Total wash time including gathering everything, sorting it, hauling it to the car, into the laundromat, washing, drying, folding/sorting, hauling it back to the car then back home and put it all away takes maybe a total of three hours (at most.) When I do the laundry at home it seems to take forever.

I have to agree. When our new HE washer stopped working at 4 months old we (I made my DH go with me to share the joy) had to go to the local laundromat. I have to say it was so quick and easy to get several loads of laundry done in a fraction of the time.

Honored Contributor

On 3/16/2014 gardenman said:
On 3/15/2014 Nightowlz said:

That really stinks. Easy to wash dishes by hand but I'm not doing my laundry by hand. LOL!!! It would be a real pain doing numerous loads of laundry at the laundromat. Hope you get them fixed are new ones really fast. When my dryer quit working I had a new one in 2 days.

Actually, I find doing the laundry at the laundromat easier, more convenient, and possibly less expensive than doing it at home. I typically do five or six loads at a time and I'm in and out of the laundromat in less than two hours. My local laundromat is about six minutes away and has modern equipment. Total wash time including gathering everything, sorting it, hauling it to the car, into the laundromat, washing, drying, folding/sorting, hauling it back to the car then back home and put it all away takes maybe a total of three hours (at most.) When I do the laundry at home it seems to take forever.

Never have done laundry at the Laundromat & refuse to do so. LOL!!! I don't really care to wash my laundry in a washing machine that who knows what has been washed in it. When we got married I told DH we needed a washer & dryer if he expected me to do the laundry. The house we rented did not have a shower or central heat & air. I told DH I wanted AC & a shower or I was going back home. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Oh well what would you expect from an 18 yr old brat. I went to my parents house & showered every day until he got the shower installed. We bought a washer, dryer & window air conditioners. DH told me a shower & air conditioning was a luxury. I laughed at him & so no it's not. I can never remember not having either.

Frequent Contributor

A few months ago, our admittedly ancient washer and dryer died on the same day. We immediately ordered replacements. Our new machines were delivered within two days, but we did have to make one trip to the laundromat.

Never again! Admittedly, the laundromat was close to home, but it was also expensive. Not only that, but for me it was such a big time waster. I always do other things while the clothes are washing and drying. While I was stuck waiting at the laundromat, I kept thinking about everything that was going undone at home.