Honored Contributor

My cheat "recipe"... ssshhh... don't tell anyone.

Frozen Stouffer's Lasagna ðŸ˜§

It's one of my favorite family "recipes", lol. I'm not a fan of lasagna, but I've made it many times because my husband loves it - then one day I got lazy and bought Stouffer's.  He didn't even mention the difference, so I never went back.

Do you have a cheat "recipe"?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: My cheat "recipe"... ssshhh... don't tell anyone.

NO ,but I do  frequent restaurants, often

Honored Contributor

I usually make my own spaghetti sauce, but when I'm lazy, I love Rao's. and Mario Batali's sauce. They ave good ingredients and are lower in sugar and sodium.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

This is mine. I have it posted on a recipe site.

Cheater Berry Pancake Syrup

2 - 18 oz. jar(s)
blackberry jam, seedless (i used smuckers brand)
1 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
3/4 jar water (use the same jar the jam was in)
1 tsp lemon juice (optional, only if you find syrup too sweet)

Empty both jars of jam into a medium saucepan.

2Add the 3/4 jar of water. Add warm water and shake to get all of the jammy goodness out!

3Dump your berries into the purple pool.

4Mix using a whisk (yeah, I know...some berries get caught in it, but cooking is an adventure!) until incorporated.

5Heat to boiling while stirring, reduce to a simmer (watch it, you do not want it to boil over...MESSY). I help the berries along a bit and partially smash them while the mixture is simmering.

6Continue simmering until mixture is reduced to a syrup-like consistency.

Taste. At this point add the lemon juice if you think it is too sweet. With the jam that I use, I never need the lemon.

7Remove from heat, syrup will continue to thicken a bit as it cools.

Once cool...serve or put into container of your choice. I use

canning jars.

The picture is what was left after serving syrup over four Belgian waffles.

Enjoy!

15384D09-FBCD-4F5B-B225-C3677C4B2B73.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I usually make my own spaghetti sauce, but when I'm lazy, I love Rao's. and Mario Batali's sauce. They ave good ingredients and are lower in sugar and sodium.

WHY must they put so much sugar in jarred sauces?  Francesco Rinaldi was on sale a few weeks ago, so I bought two jars.  I used them last week and we could barely eat it. It was awfully sweet.  I've never used sugar in my homemade sauce and don't understand why they need to use it in prepared sauces. I've heard that Rao's is very good, but I can't justify the price. 

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Frozen Stouffer's Lasagna ðŸ˜§

It's one of my favorite family "recipes", lol. I'm not a fan of lasagna, but I've made it many times because my husband loves it - then one day I got lazy and bought Stouffer's.  He didn't even mention the difference, so I never went back.

Do you have a cheat "recipe"?

@house_cat Love Stouffer’s lasagna!  

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@house_cat

We love Stouffers Lasagna (Italiano, it has bigger chunks of tomatoes in the sauce)!

We couldn't tell the difference between this and my homemade version, which is much more work and more expensive for the ingredients!

We have this at least once every 2 weeks.

So we 'cheat' together, LOL!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I had heard good things about the Stouffer's lasagna so we tried it.  We did not care for it at all.  But then we sometimes have On-Cor Salisbury steaks which others probably cringe at the thought lol

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry but, you cannot compare homemade  Lasagna with Stouffer's  frozen Lasagna .... there is absolutely no comparison 😊

Respected Contributor

Stouffer's has nothin' on my DH's special lasagna....he adds a layer of hard boiled egg slices for one of the layers and YUM! A great addition! Think I'll keep him....and his cookin'.