Honored Contributor

Re: My Temptations Cracked in the Middle of Cooking a Meatloaf

I bought a couple pieces of the polka dot ones when they first came out.  Had a baking dish break when I was taking it out of the oven - what a mess.  That was the end - got rid of them all and never bought anymore.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

I have that stoneware.  Gloria used to sell it.  The only time I had a problem was when I was baking at 375!  Broke in half.  They recommend not baking above 350!  I've never had a problem at that temperature.  Stoneware in general is tough and lasts forever but it won't tolerate really high heat.  My collection has been around for over 15 years and I practically throw it around the room, it's beautiful, strong and cleans up so easily.  I wish Gloria was still in business because it's hard to resist.  I purchased one item from the new line of Polish Stoneware they now have on QVC but it just isn't as intricate in design, so one item is enough for me.....  

@Q4u, Some online retailers sell that particular line of PP: the signature level of Ceramika Artystyczna (CA)

If you google "Ceramika Artystyczna," you will find a site called with that name. It looks as if they have a good selection.  Look under their selection of Signature UNIKAT, which is what Gloria sold.There may be other sites as well

I have never regretted our purchases, either from QVC or directly from Gloria.

THANK YOU!  I didn't think to google that and sure will.... I slowly added pieces after Gloria left QVC on her website.  I've also never regretted everything I've purchased.and would love to have this site "in the wings" in case I need more!  Thanks again Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I have read many complaints on here - and don't understand why the Q keeps selling it.

Respected Contributor

Mine have cracked too.  I've been tossing them.  

Contributor

I have ued temptations for years and have never had a problem.  I have many pieces that I cookwith and love them.

Respected Contributor

I used to go on fb live with in the kitchen with David and whenever Temptations came on there would be lots of people complain about their Tempatations cracking in the oven, for that reason I never bought any.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I used to go on fb live with in the kitchen with David and whenever Temptations came on there would be lots of people complain about their Tempatations cracking in the oven, for that reason I never bought any.

I wonder if everyone that had this issue ever received a response from Temptations.  I have to laugh that Alberti mentions his Mom using this and his concern for her safety and Tara also mentioning the same about her Mom.  

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like it is junk!

New Contributor

I was gifted a set with 4 bakers and 2 lidded bowls many years ago, and have used them again and again with no problems. I purchased the recent TSV and the elongated baker cracked in the oven on the first use. Given the reliability of my original set I was shocked, but had I read more of the reviews I never would have ordered the TSV.