Contributor

Re: My Keurig died & I'm not replacing it.........

Groucho,  I'm a tea drinker like you and that is what I primarily use my Keurig for.  I don't drink coffee at all, although one of my sons does occasionally.  I don't know if there is a good alternative for making tea with tea kcups.

Respected Contributor

We switched to Cuisinart that accommodates the Pods and seems to just fine. 

Honored Contributor

I've had several break, so I just buy inexpensive Mr. Coffee makers and get another one when they break. They break too. Everything is so cheaply made anymore.

Respected Contributor

@thisbe wrote:

Groucho,  I'm a tea drinker like you and that is what I primarily use my Keurig for.  I don't drink coffee at all, although one of my sons does occasionally.  I don't know if there is a good alternative for making tea with tea kcups.

I actually just use the Keurig for dispensing hot water into my tea cup with a tea bag.  I tried the tea K-cups but I found the taste is just the same as what I do but much more expensive.  I do also use my machine making coffee for my partner since he's a coffee person.  I gave it up 15+ years ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like my coffee HOT.  Keruig just never got it hot enough for me or at least the model I tried.   I went back to an old Corning Ware cornflower stove top coffee pot.  Brews the coffee so much smoother than drip-tried the same coffee in my Mr. Coffee and in the Coring Ware and no one would believe it was the same brand of coffee.   It does take longer to perk and I am retired but can't see myself going back to a drip or a Keruig type coffee maker.   Best part is I picked up the Corning Ware at a consignment store for 3.00.  

Respected Contributor

@thisbe I just use my Keurig to heat the water  and use a pyrex glass measuring cup to catch the water and place my regular tea bag in the measuring cup, let it sit to desire strength and add to my coffee cup and enjoy. I  think the k-cup tea is to expensive and that way I just use my favoite tea. The same with hot cocoa , I just use the packets of swiss miss and heat my water in my keuirig.That was the keurig pin doesn't get sticky.I even foung cider packers .So I good. I really enjoy my Keurig mini One of my friend in the kitchen

Honored Contributor

Gave a Kuerig 2.0 to my DD a couple years ago and she says it doesn't make very good tasting coffee--she has to drink decaf and it always  made it taste bitter--we cleaned it out, replaced the filters , used filtered water, and still not good--so am giving it away. No takers yet tho.

Esteemed Contributor

Mr. Coffee here.  Cheap, last a long time, easy to get spare parts for but I have extras since at least one has conked out on me over the years, and MIL gave us hers (Mr. C) when we gave her a Keurig!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered a chulux from amazonsmile.  It doesn't store water and supposedly has a better pump system which doesn't store any water in the internal lines.

Never heard of that brand but has tons of very good reviews.  You may want to read them to see what you think.  It's a tiny, lightweight machine - think only 8" high and comes in a limited choice of colors.

Honored Contributor

I've often wondered how the stock on this company was doing.  The whole concept turned me off, one cup at a time, expensive cups, tempermental unit.  I'll stick with my Mr. Coffees and Black and Deckers.