Valued Contributor

Re: My Keurig died & I'm not replacing it.........

I'm addicted to my Keurig. i have the luxury of changing out the flavor anytime i want.   coffee is my guilty pleasure.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

With the other kind of coffee makers we always had grounds on the counter and invariably they would start leaking.  Husband had one that ground the beans and it sounded like a jet engine in the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on breaking the "personal coffee maker" habit!  I don't drink much coffee any more, but still use a 30-year-old Braun.  Used it last weekend when I had company.

Honored Contributor

lve never been a big fan of coffee.  Never had a 

Keurig, although I have 3 or 4 other drip brewers.  Finally got rid of them all and if i want coffee, I'm content to drink 

Folger's Instant.  It's all about what you become accustomed to.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have a 10 year old Keurig that started to "sputter" about 6 months ago.  So I bought a new model that had a $25 off price at Costco and put it in the garage waiting for my 10 year old one to kick the bucket.  Well it is still going strong and refuses to die!!!!  I live alone and drink only 1 cup of decaf a day- was tired of throwing out coffee, since even the smallest pot makes more than I drink.  So I bought the Keurig 10 years ago and have been extremely pleased with it.  Maybe I should just break down and open up the new Keurig.......I can't believe that my 10 year old one still works and makes great coffee. I have heard that the older ones were made better than the new ones, so I doubt that my new one will last 10 years.  Guess I will have to wait and see.....

Valued Contributor

I have an icoffee which I have had for 6 years and brews the best coffee. I have considered getting the oxo which my son has and  it has a carafe and makes great coffee. However after being at his house to animal sit while they are away I definitely changed my mind. Too much messing and coffee isn’t as hot. If anything happens to my icoffee I will get another. Like the pods.

Respected Contributor

I can't imagine life without it. It's how I make my tea every day.  I can't imagine going back to boiling water on the stovetop or dealing with nasty coffee grounds and filters and dirty coffee pot. Ick.  But I do know some people just don't like Keurig, they say it doesn't taste as good.

Respected Contributor

I have had four Keurig coffee makers......the first one worked great. The last three have been duds.

Never purchasing another one. 

Respected Contributor

I purchased the Keurig mini last Nov. when it was the TSV. It died on me the end of March. I called Keurig and they replaced it free of charge. I had the new one in 4 days. I like it and hope it continues to work. I only drink one cup a day and for whatever reason never was able to get it to taste all that great when I had a regular coffee maker. We'll see what happens from here. Fingers crossed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2: I had two Keurigs (one from QVC and the other from HSN) both bit the dust shortly after purchase. Luckily, I was within the 30-day return time, so I was able to get a refund. The Keurig is convenient but can be very costly depending on how much coffee you drink. I drink a lot of coffee everyday, so you can imagine how expensive it was to constantly have to purchase K-cups. I went back to using my old reliable Hamilton Beach coffeemaker and never looked back.