Esteemed Contributor

My Keurig died & I'm not replacing it.........

I bought my 1st Keurig 9 yrs. ago and swore I would never have anything else.  I replaced the original in June of 2015.  It bit the dust last week.

DD suggested going back to a Mr. coffee type.  OK by me.  She called from Target and was laughing saying she found a baby coffee maker.   It's a Black and Decker 5 cup maker. On sale for $18 give or take.

It's perfect for just her and I.  Each have a cup inn the morning and maybe one after she gets home in the evening.  It was a lot less expensive than the Keurig, takes up less room and no pods.

Respected Contributor

Re: My Keurig died & I'm not replacing it.........

Done with Keurig too myself!

I have had three - two of which were a complete waste of money.

Using the only good one left until my kcups run out.

Then to Salvation Army it goes.

Or, actually maybe just out into the trash and call it a day on my part.

Already bought a replacement drip coffee maker from Target and tested it out.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Black and Decker makes outstanding coffee makers.

Used one for years, bought one for my parents. They make great coffee, are more environmentally friendly,

are less expensive and last and last.

Honored Contributor

I still have my original one that I bought at Costco and it is still plugging along.  When it goes I am going to be a smaller one - either a Keurig or a Bun single cup machine.  

Esteemed Contributor

Over the last 3 years, I've had several electric percolators (my favorite type) - 2 Farberwares (4-cup and 12-cup); Cuisinart and Hamilton Beach. Each lasted 3 to 8 months. Years prior, my Farberware lasted at least 5 years.

I was about to give up when I found a 12-cup Capresso Electric Percolator at Costco on-line. I prefer the 4-cup but that's almost extinct. I only have it around 2-1/2 months - but it makes HOT coffee and the coffee also stays HOT for the 2nd cup. It was around $55. To me, the best coffee is when it perks.

There should be a class action lawsuit against the manufacturers of coffee machines - they're poor quality, defective and they stop working very quickly. I've read many complaints on-line as well.

Honored Contributor

DH and I use a Keurig everyday and when we are away from home, we take the travel size (mini) with us. 

We enjoy this luxury.

Respected Contributor

I love my Keurig and wouldn't go back to a drip coffee maker.  But I typically only drink one mug a day (occasionally two), so it's perfect for me.  I also have the Keurig mini so it doesn't take up a lot of space.  If mine goes I would happily buy another -- and the new mini is even smaller and sleeker than mine.

Honored Contributor

Since we no longer work, we went the other way.  We got rid of the Keurigs (except one upstairs for the guest rooms) and went with a machine that makes single serves as well as cappuccinos and such.  

Frequent Contributor

i have an icoffee mozart sgl serve that i got @ BBB abt 6 yrs ago - love it - i could be wrong but i think hamilton beach makes these brewers. just had to submit my 2 cents worth 😀
Esteemed Contributor

I tossed mine a few years ago. Replaced it w/an inexpensive Hamilton Beach from BJ's that I have programmed to start brewing my coffee at 4:30am. It stays hot for 2 hours then shuts itself off. I like having my coffee ready & waiting when I roll out of bed.