Respected Contributor

My Homemade Smoked Paprika Recipe For All My QVC Pals............Enjoy!

I just made a batch and wanted to share this with my QVC Pals...

Home made smoked paprika recipe can be made on the grill, smoker etc., and I tried both recipes, or purchased ready made, but I prefer this much simpler fresher method. Easy Peasy.....

Total Time: 24 hours and 5 minutes
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Drying Time 24 hours

Yields a little over one pound

(You can halve the recipe to suit your personal needs)

• 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bottle liquid smoke, hickory
• 1 (18 ounce) bottle Spanish paprika

Directions:
1. In a large bowl slowly whisk together the paprika and liquid smoke and using your whisk totally incorporate both items so they have no clumps or lumps.

2. Spread out on a foil lined cookie sheet to dry overnight.

3. When completely dry in small batches place in food processor and pulse to totally remove any small clumps/lumps which may have formed.

4. Pour slowly back into your Paprika bottle, and use as desired.

(Make sure the Smoked Paprika is thoroughly dry before pulsing and storing tightly sealed, in a a spice type jar).

Adds a delicious smokiness to many foods.

Respected Contributor

Re: My Homemade Smoked Paprika Recipe For All My QVC Pals............Enjoy!

Sounds wonderful.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

On 2/25/2015 debc said:

Sounds wonderful.

Tastes delicious debc.

I hope you also make this and enjoy it. (So much less expensive than buying it ready made, and many times I only use 1/2 bottle of liquid smoke instead of the whole bottle, depending on how much I am making or gifting to someone).

I use spice bottles which measure 8.4 ounces.

I fill them up with the Hungarian paprika I buy by the pound, then I place it into a bowl and add the 1/2 bottle of liquid smoke to it using a wire whisk.

Next step is to sprinkle it carefully from the bowl on to an aluminum foil covered jelly roll sheet and spread them out well so it can thoroughly dry.

I then let the mixture air dry for 24 hours, and move the mixture around at least 4 times, so it will dry evenly. (Don't want any wet mixture because that will promote mold).

Afterwards I place it into my food processor where I pusle it until there are no more clumps/lumps left.

Now I carefully fill my spice jar with the Smoked Paprika and label it along with the date I made it. Tape that to the spice jar, and use it as I wish.

Just ensure the cap is very tightly closed, or all your spices and surroundings will smell like Smoked Paprika......but now that may be a good thing{#emotions_dlg.w00t}.

Enjoy this and enjoy your day!

Honored Contributor

Interesting method. Alternatively you can smoke the peppers themselves and then grind them into powder.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

On 2/25/2015 jaxs mom said:

Interesting method. Alternatively you can smoke the peppers themselves and then grind them into powder.

Yes , many thanks for your kind reply jaxs mom, and that was also one of the methods I did try in the past, but I like the liquid smoke added to the Hungarian sweet paprika spice instead.

Less work, less of a mess, much less expensive, and the same great spicy smoky taste.

My days of handling scotch bonnet peppers, and other hot peppers are over now, especially since I have asthma and can no longer tolerate very irritating odors and fumes from very hot peppers.

This liquid smoke method I posted above I can tolerate and tastes the same as all other methods I have already tried, but this method I posted above is more tolerable for me, at this stage of the game.

Thank you again for your kind reply.