Honored Contributor

Re: My Harry London Nutcracker Tins Arrived

On 12/10/2014 Topaz Gem said:
On 12/10/2014 chickenbutt said:

Yay! Glad you got one of your orders, Topaz.

I just had the one order out - for the choc-covered pretzels for a friend - and it was cancelled, but that will be ok as I can replace them.

BTW, did anybody notice that when they cancelled an order they spelled 'cancelled' wrong? I know - a nitpick, but misspellings always jump out at me. Smiley Happy

Hi CB,

If you log onto the Fannie May site and click on Harry London at the top of the page, they have an assortment on sale for $19.++ which includes chocolate covered pretzels. It's called the Harry London Party Treat Pack. I am definitely ordering it as well as vanilla buttercreams from Fannie May.

Thanks, Topaz! Maybe I'll check that out.

I really do like the Waggoners brand better (same family, different brand), but I am not ordering from SHQ anymore until they figure out (even though I've told them numerous times and some even verified it) that my state doesn't charge sales tax for food items that are not prepared and served. Meanwhile, however, this friend does like the HL brand for this item so I want to get what SHE wants, not what I would prefer. hehe

Honored Contributor

Glad to hear some orders are getting out! Hope all that really wanted them get them.

Not applicable

I just wished they had notified people of this. I just found out this morning and I had 3 sets ordered as staff presents. I contacted QVC when they hadn't come and they just told be this morning

On 12/9/2014 Topaz Gem said: After all the hoopla about the fire and cancelled orders, I finally got my Harry London nutcracker tins and candy tonight. The tins are just beautiful and very unique. Nothing was melted, singed, or smelling of smoke, LOL. If your order still says In Process, don't give up. I think the company is doing its best to fill as many orders as possible.

Honored Contributor

mine didnt arrive. i did receive a letter in the mail stating what had happened and giving me a $10 credit. i ended up going to a SEES kiosk at the mall and spending more than i had originally wanted to, but i do know that SEES makes an excellent product.

hope everyone is having wonderful holiday season!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
New Contributor

I am very disappointed, I didn't know there was any problem. My order just kept saying Advanced Sale, I waited and waited, today, Christmas Eve, No tin of candy! QVC did not inform me of any problem, kept my order active, thus, I cancelled just now. No need for Christmas candy after Christmas.....I am not happy with QVC, should have informed me that there was a problem, after all, I have shopped with them since they began. That is not Customer Loyalty! I am happy that some of you received your product, Merry Christmas!

Honored Contributor

My niece ordered the large single wrapped assortment and wondered why they never came. She isn't online other than minimally, and even jf QVC had sent her an email, she probably wouldn't have seen it or paid attention to it. She didn't get anything from the Q via snail mail. She had no clue until I arrived for Xmas and she happened to mention it, and I told her what had happened.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

On 12/10/2014 chickenbutt said:

Yay! Glad you got one of your orders, Topaz.

I just had the one order out - for the choc-covered pretzels for a friend - and it was cancelled, but that will be ok as I can replace them.

BTW, did anybody notice that when they cancelled an order they spelled 'cancelled' wrong? I know - a nitpick, but misspellings always jump out at me. Smiley Happy

I received mine also. The tins are sturdy and beautiful-almost worth the price without the candy! How was "canceled" misspelled?? Canceled is the preferred spelling, but cancelled is acceptable as well. http://grammarist.com/spelling/cancel/
Valued Contributor

I love the nutcracker tins I received in November. I only ended up giving one away. My kids ate a lot of the candy, so I put Lindt truffles in with the HL chocolates to make it full to the top. I was looking through the tins today to see if the kids left any candy...maybe a buckeye (none left) and I tried a cookies and crème. I don't know if they are old now or what, but YUCK! I do not like the white chocolate from this collection. It is very tasteless. I went through what was left, and threw out all the white chocolate. Hopefully, next year they will exclude this flavor from the tin collection!!!