Occasional Contributor

I love this brand.  But one time I ordered and it was stale.  I am thinking it was because they hadn't been advertised recently so I received one that had been sitting around for a few days.  I want to send one to a friend and don't want the same thing to happen.  On their own website they are the same price but $10.95 shipping.  Should I find something else to send as a gift just in case same thing happens?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Grandmas coffee cakes

I've ordered them and never an issue. They ship from My Grandma's and not a Q warehouse.

You can add an address to your profile and treat it as bill to ship to. The Q will refund your money if you're not happy.

I don't know what My Grandma's return policy is.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLane 

I order from River Street Sweets.  All of their items are made in small batches and are wonderful.  It's a family owned business.

Candy for Sale | River Street Sweets Promo Code | Holiday Specials | Online  Candy & Sweet Savings

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered Grandmas a few years ago, and they were awful,  mine was dry, and topping was hard as rock  almostlike brown sugar had crystalized.  .  Qvc gave me refund.  Later on my daughter said costco had sold them, half the price and they were okay.  They do not taste homemade.  To me they had the sugar after taste   You are better off getting a duncan hines bundt cake mix.  But , if you are like me....sometimes you want it ready to eat at all costs, lol  call qvc, get a refund.  Maybe try getting a homemade one from etsy, or another brand   Or deal with Grandmas  directly

Respected Contributor

If you want to send something to a friend from QVC perhaps look and see if something from Jimmy the Baker appeals to you. I've never been disappointed in anything I've bought. Everything freezes well. My only complaint, more a caution, is that I find the size  of their products too large for a single serving.

Honored Contributor

I ordered around 12 so far in the past several years.  5 this past year on auto delivery.  Never had a problem, but I only order cinnamon nut.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes it's confusing to see the post here about bakery goods.

The prices are stupid and products iffy on any given occasion.

The bakeries, desert choices, fresh foods are beautiful, delicious and abundant in the Chicagoland area.  It's a blessing and a curse.

Even the local grocery markets make amazing desserts. Majority of these places deliver if necessary.

Can totally understand if you have to  ship to another state as a gift. have the munchies when watching a food show, or stuck in the house because of health, weather, or a pandemic.  But after tasting so many bad, expensive Q items..... it would be a total pass. 

Respected Contributor

@LindaLane I can't speak to ordering/sending from online..

but our local grocery stores have sold them...and they were always good, and fresh, from there.

@ECBG Those cakes look good~that red velvet looks delicious!

Valued Contributor

@ECBG  Please do not post pictures of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and walnuts.  I am only human. Resistance is futile.

Honored Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

@ECBG  Please do not post pictures of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and walnuts.  I am only human. Resistance is futile.

@781Florist 

You could freeze slices.Smiley Happy  This company IS that good because they're that small.

Pecan pralines and candies come individually wrapped and freeze well as well.Smiley Happy