Respected Contributor

Re: My Grandma"s Coffee Cakes. Why is Kosher important.

@islandergirl wrote:

QVC gets 38.00 for 2 of these cakes?  There is a store by me that sells the My Grandma's Coffee Cakes for $10 each.  Same size. 

I was gonna say that I think Wegman's every once in awhile has the regular sized Grandma's Coffee Cakes much cheaper and you can buy a single one.  Never looked bc it's not important to me but would guess those are kosher as well. 

Occasional Contributor

Cakes are baked the next day and shipped immediately for QVC..Store cakes are bought frozen and are taken and thawed from the freezer, of each store's warehouse...They are fine, but not always the variety of flavors you would prefer, and naver baked the same week that yiou bbought them.

Occasional Contributor

Just check the "best if used " date .It  should never be more than 12 days later....Stores tend to add a few days to the expoiration date.,.You alwways want fresh cakes..They often freeze them and put them out on the shelf..Thats' ok too, as long as they haven't been store for your money back..But there is no better choice of variety, orr guarantee of freshness than to order them from QVC..or direcrtly from MY Grandma's idf upi only want one cake, but it is $30/cake (including the delivery)..QVC is 2 caks @ less han $20 apiece..That is a deal that QVC made with My Grandma's..t