Respected Contributor

Re: My Grandma"s Coffee Cakes. Why is Kosher important.

[ Edited ]

MominOhio, if you go to My Grandma's website, you can scroll down to the Store Locator section and type in a city, state, or zip code to find out where you can buy them at retail.

I buy mine at a grocery store called Market Basket.  They are also sold at a few different grocery stores in other nearby towns and many of the stores sell them only during the holidays.  I'm just about finished with the cinnamon one I bought last week and plan to buy a green apple cake tomorrow.  I don't like to be without one, LOL.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@EatWell  I think you lie awake nights thinking up questions to ask but you rarely acknowledge those who answer them or thank them for their effort. 

@Kachina624 All I have to say about this subject on this thread is this:  "Amazing"!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Topaz Gem wrote:

Islandgirl, I have you beat.  I get them for $8.99 apiece, but the store only carries two flavors; green apple and cinnamon.  I don't mind as they're both delicious. 😊

Those of you who have a local place to pick up My Grandma's are lucky!!

I wish I could find them around here. We love the original ones, and order them every Christmas time to have while we open presents.

Anyone care to share what stores they are finding them at locally?

I have seen them in the Honey Baked Ham store.  I have never bought them.  I did not look at the price as I am not a coffee cake fan.  

Valued Contributor

@islandergirl wrote:

QVC gets 38.00 for 2 of these cakes?  There is a store by me that sells the My Grandma's Coffee Cakes for $10 each.  Same size. 

Same here @islandergirl, market near me sells the exact same thing for $11.00.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Topaz Gem wrote:

Islandgirl, I have you beat.  I get them for $8.99 apiece, but the store only carries two flavors; green apple and cinnamon.  I don't mind as they're both delicious. 😊

Those of you who have a local place to pick up My Grandma's are lucky!!

I wish I could find them around here. We love the original ones, and order them every Christmas time to have while we open presents.

Anyone care to share what stores they are finding them at locally?

@Mominohio, I live in NY and my local Stop and Shop carries them as well as a local market.  Prices are much lower and they both have a variety of flavors. I Googled and found that Walmart carries the line as well, hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

Of course, they stipulate Kosher for the benefit of Jewish customers who maintain a Kosher kitchen or home; they don't do it for their Presbyterian customers....lol  I think Kosher meets religious requirements but I don't think it necessarily means that the product or ingredients are superior in any way.  

Honored Contributor

Stop and Shop sells My Grandmas, so does Costco. My mother loves cinnamon walnut coffee cake. Only Boston Coffee Cake company. One time she had to get My Grandmas because they were all out of Boston. She said it was not as good as Boston. Boston is $5.99 at Stop and Shop.

It's all a matter of personal preference, but Boston also sells on their website-for anyone who wants to try it.

I respect all things regarding the other topic, so given that and my lack of knowledge I have no comment. I see nothing wrong with asking though, I don't think she meant any harm.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

MominOhio, if you go to My Grandma's website, you can scroll down to the Store Locator section and type in a city, state, or zip code to find out where you can buy them at retail.

I buy mine at a grocery store called Market Basket.  They are also sold at a few different grocery stores in other nearby towns and many of the stores sell them only during the holidays.  I'm just about finished with the cinnamon one I bought last week and plan to buy a green apple cake tomorrow.  I don't like to be without one, LOL.

Thanks for that idea, but there isn't a store within 70 miles of us that comes up!

Respected Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@islandergirl wrote:

QVC gets 38.00 for 2 of these cakes?  There is a store by me that sells the My Grandma's Coffee Cakes for $10 each.  Same size. 

@islandergirl

Wow!   Thanks for the info.   That's quite a mark up.  Smiley Happy.      But, some food vendors on QVC say their specific product is not sold or offered at retail, but only made exclusively  for the QVC customer.   Rastelli Meats, Kansas City Steak Co, , Corky's,  Junior's , and Grandma's , just to name a few. 

@EatWell------if QVC is making these claims, they are not telling the truth. I have been buying KC steaks before the Q was born. Rastelli's has a retail store. I can go into my local Stop&Shop (and other markets) and buy Juniors, Grandmas, Bantam Bagels, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio...totally agree, what is the problem  with asking a simple question....I am not jewish, I don't know any one that is jewish and if I wanted to know these boards would be the only place I could ask and get an answer!!