Honored Contributor

Re: My Fourteen Yr Old Grandson's Work!

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@ECBG  You and your grandson are making me drool over that pie!

BTW: I'm still using my Betty Crocker Cookbook from 1969, but have updated it within the past 12 years.  Also have my mom's BC copy from 1946 and my grandmother's cookbooks which get used, among a large collection of others. Such fun!

@BirkiLady I have my grandmother's Betty Crocker cookbook from about the same time!

I haven't updated my B C cook book because I'm not a coccos or polenta type girl and didn't like some of the recent foods influences.

When I do want something different, I use All Recipies or Cooks dot com.

@ECBG  I know polenta, but not coccos. What is it?

@proudlyfromNJ Sorry, spelling error.  Some times I get phonetic on here!  Couscous!

A grain, similar to rice.

How to Cook Couscous (Stovetop & Microwave) - Jessica Gavin

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

BTW: I'm still using my Betty Crocker Cookbook from 1969, but have updated it within the past 12 years.  Also have my mom's BC copy from 1946 and my grandmother's cookbooks which get used, among a large collection of others. Such fun!

@BirkiLady I have my grandmother's Betty Crocker cookbook from about the same time!

I haven't updated my B C cook book because I'm not a coccos or polenta type girl and didn't like some of the recent foods influences.

@proudlyfromNJ Sorry, spelling error.  Some times I get phonetic on here!  Couscous!

@ECBG  LOL ok, understand now. I googled and all I got was a pizza restaurant! Yes, I usually have some of the Near East couscous boxes in the pantry. Change from potatoes sometimes.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@ECBG  LOL ok, understand now. I googled and all I got was a pizza restaurant! Yes, I usually have some of the Near East couscous boxes in the pantry. Change from potatoes sometimes.

@proudlyfromNJ I'll do some Knor rice mixes once in a while as a last resort.  A grain with a pat of butter, even with some sauteed vegies, nope!

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

That crust is gorgeous and the pie must have been delicious! He'll have an amazing career as a Chef or other position in Food Service. How fortunate his school offers such classes for teenagers. I'm not sure ours do, but will ask my 13 year old grandson.

Now I'm really curious since a friend has a grandson (also 14) who is also planning to become a Chef or baker. However, he goes to a Catholic school and I know they are unable to offer such specific classes. He is already planning to attend a local community college and then go on from there. 

Best wishes on your grandson's future endeavors! Let him cook for you anytime. Smiley Wink

@BirkiLady Honey, I used deep dish Pet Ritz frozen crusts, 2 to a pkg.  I just inverted the other one for him, he was afraid of it tearing and just needed a demonstration.Smiley Happy