Honored Contributor

Re: My DD is crazy, 5 Honey Crisp Apples-$9.00

@Cats3000 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2Sure there are.  She's got a problem.  She doesn't know how to shop, or compare prices.  She needs help.

@Cats3000, hahahaha.

Oh, wait, are you being serious here? She has a problem because she bought excellent apples which are a bit more than some other types?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It is about how wisely you spend money, not on how cheap something is.  Price alone never indicates value.  If the apples are something she enjoys and she eats them rather than junk food, it's a great investment in health. 

Honored Contributor

I just took a honeycrisp apple break!  I purchased some a few days ago....Wegmans?...I don't remember where or how much I paid for them but I only got a few.

They were so large that I had half yesterday & just had the other half...I was bad though...I cut them into slices and added some honey since they were a bit tart.

Respected Contributor

Wegmans has a variety of apples--something for everyone. We have our favorites, and Honeycrisp is not among them. We tried them, weren't impressed, and had we been, we wouldn't be paying that exorbitant price, anyway. They're expensive not because they're some esoteric variety which is more delicious than others, but solely because of their short season.

Oh, and I'd wager that everyone's favorite varieties "all get eaten." They do at our house.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I bought my first bag of smalish Honey Crisp for $5.00 - boy, were they good. Sometimes apples have a really big core but these you can eat right down to the nub.

The larger size loose apples cost a bit more. These smaller ones were the perfect size for me. Definintely will be going back for more.

Honored Contributor

My favorites to eat are Gala and Jonagold. Also Ambrosia are good too. 

Honored Contributor

I always buy Honey Crisp apples.  Yes, they are expensive, but they are worth it to me.

Our local grocery store often has them on sale with their coupons, but it limits them to only 5 pounds a person.

I keep them in stock because I use them for making apple pies  I use Honey Crisp and Granny Smith mixed. They are a good combo for pie making.

Valued Contributor

Target sells them for a reasonable price.  They tend to be smaller but still delicious.

Respected Contributor

So willing to pay the price. I just did last week. If it is going to keep me from eating the Halloween candy, I would pay even more.  My waistline thanks me.

Deb

Respected Contributor

I've never eaten a honey crisp apple since they are always so much more expensive then other apples.  I tend to go for the Gala apples, and am fine with those, but now all this talk about how great Honey Crisp apples are, I think I will have to give them a try. 

......You look like I need a drink.....