Esteemed Contributor

My Breville toaster oven just died

I have had it for five years, love it and use it daily.  Rarely use my regular overn.

I'm 99% sure I am going to order another Breville, just curious are there any other brands that compare?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Breville toaster oven just died

I'm happy with my Breville. I would buy another one if mine died.

Esteemed Contributor

An episode of America's Test Kitchen recommended a Hamilton Beach model as a best buy.

Respected Contributor

@twinsister Like you, my Breville died about 7 months ago.  I believe it was 5+ years.  Regretfully, I was too cheap to replace it with another Breville.  Instead I bought an Instant brand (Instant pot people).  It's OK, but not a Breville.  I check Marshalls for another Breville since that's where the 1st one was bought at a very reduced price.  No luck.  I'll keep looking.  My advise to you -- buy another Breville.  

Respected Contributor

I love my Breville and use it nearly every day.  Got it at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a 20% coupon.  I went there to buy a cheapie oven but got the Breville, and I'm not sorry.  My oven broke just before the pandemic, so I had no oven for 2+ years and just used the Breville.  It's smallish, I cannot roast a whole chicken in it, but most other things work ok.  I made a 1# meatloaf today.  My kitchen is small, so it fits better on the counter than  the air fryer I had for a while.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We use or Breville Toaster Over exclusively now and this is our second one.  The first died after over 5 years of constant use and we looked around, read up and decided to buy another Breville.  Very happy again and glad that we did.  It does everything we need and works so well.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

I replaced my Breville toaster oven last year, with the same model that was on its last legs.  The controls were going out, although the oven still worked beautifully, so figured it was time for a new one.  I didn't even bother looking at other brands, since I was so happy with the Breville performance.  Decided to stick with what I know.  

Honored Contributor

My Breville, five or so years old, has been dying for some time.  The timer doesn't work and most days I can't change the function.  Got a new oven some time ago from HSN.  Can't remember the brand but it's turquoise and still in the box in the garage.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am looking for a new toaster oven also.  I cannot seem to find one (I need a smaller one due to counter to cabinet height issues) that does not go tick tick tick when using the toaster function.  That just sends me over the edge.  I have not been to a store to look at the Breville ones but they are on my list.  Anybody know of smaller toaster ovens that don't make noise when using the toast function?  (It's the little things...)

Contributor

All of you have convinced me that the next time I buy a toaster oven it will be a Breville.