Respected Contributor

My 2nd order of Heartland Fresh chicken is now back ordered!

I bought them because of the predicted meat shortage and now I can't even get my auto delivery. 

So disappointed. Anyone else have this happen?

Honored Contributor

Re: My 2nd order of Heartland Fresh chicken is now back ordered!

Is there a shortage?  I'm trying to convince myself it's safe to head north for a while so I've been slowly using what I don't want to leave in the freezer over the summer -  way too much chance of long power outages this summer for that.  Anyway, I haven't even glanced at the meat cases the few times I've shopped for the last 2 months.

Respected Contributor

Weeks ago my first order was backordered.  I cancelled.  

Chicken is not available except frozen in my area of VA.  I have looked at grocery and Costco.  Only the roasted ones available or frozen.

Honored Contributor

First of all there is NO meat shortage.  There is plenty of meat and chicken but not enough workers at the meat/chicken packing plants due to the virus.

Possibly if you had heard correctly you would have not ordered the chicken and been counting on it.  Its really hard to tell if you will get it or not.

If I were you I would not depend it.  Good luck.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

First of all there is NO meat shortage.  There is plenty of meat and chicken but not enough workers at the meat/chicken packing plants due to the virus.

Possibly if you had heard correctly you would have not ordered the chicken and been counting on it.  Its really hard to tell if you will get it or not.

If I go to the store and there is no beef or chicken, I call that a meat shortage.  The reason for the meat shortage is workers being sick or plants shut or drivers not available, etc.  But there is still a meat shortage in my area.

Honored Contributor

I went to my local grocery yesterday and the meat case was stocked as normal. I do have beef and pork coming every 2 months from a local farmer too. And there may not be a physical animal  shortage but if the workers are sick and dying--those chickens/pigs/cows ain't gonna process them themselves. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Valstybaby - In response to a similar post a few days ago, a moderator noted that there is a temporary backorder on Heartland Fresh products, but she expected all orders to be fulfilled shortly. So just hang in there for a bit longer, and hopefully you'll get your tasty chicken soon.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

If I go to the store and there is no beef or chicken, I call that a meat shortage.  The reason for the meat shortage is workers being sick or plants shut or drivers not available, etc.  But there is still a meat shortage in my area.

Yeah, if you go to the store and it isn't there, it really doesn't matter why, you are shorted or have to go looking for another source. 

There is actually a lot of meat in the US, but it isn't getting to the store shelves in many places. Regardless of why (packing plants closed, transportation issues, or whatever) when you can't find it, it's a shortage to you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've been using Walmart's pick up service and have had no trouble getting fresh and frozen chicken or 93% lean ground beef.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment