Respected Contributor

Re: My 1st trip to Aldi's but won't be my last!!!

I've never been impressed with Aldi's. 

Regular Contributor

The 25 cent "charge" to use Aldi carts is just a deposit.  You get the quarter back if you return the cart to the cart area.  That's one reason Aldi's expenses are somewhat lower - they don't have to hire someone to police the parking lot for carts.  As far as cashier's not bagging groceries, the line moves much more quickly that way.  I have no problem bagging my own purchases as I can bag them exactly how I want to organize them, making putting them away at home easier and quicker.  

Respected Contributor

I love Aldi's and shop it about once or twice a month. As I have posted before they have the lowest prices on staples and fruit and vegetables in the large city I live in. Most stores anymore one has to lift the sacked groceries off of the turn tables so you may as well bag them yourself. 

In all of my years of shopping there I only had to return one or two items and they do keep to thier policy of returning your money and replacing item.

Anymore I carry my own spray sanitizer & some paper towels to spray the part of the cart I touch and place my handbag in for all stores . I watched how the carts at the Meijer's I shopped at were sanitized when brought back in from the parking lot = an employee spritzed the first cart and then they were placed in line ! 

I like many of the house products and to me they are as interesting to find new and different products as Trader Joe's .

@luvmyteddy4 One product my 2 diva felines will not endorse (or eat) is the kibble cat food. I did not even purchase the moist kind . Even the stray cat I put food out for would not  touch it. I think racoons finally did. Smiley Happy If you need pet food -- plan to make a stop elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvmyteddy4 I had a flashback when I read your post. I went to Aldis often in the late 80s and early 90s when I took off from work a few years and stayed home after last child was born. With income cut and Aldis requiring cash, sometimes I didn't calculate correctly and would send a kid to take an item back to the shelf. Bagging my own groceries while my active children got frustrated is one of those memories that stays. I skipped Aldis for a few decades but a store just opened close to my home. I know my son says it's great when he needs to hop in and out. I may pop in today.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau