Honored Contributor

Re: My 1st trip to Aldi's but won't be my last!!!

@4kitties wrote:

I guess some of their stores are different?🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

That was what I was thinking.  In So. Joisey the one near me charges a quarter for their shopping carts.

Also, you bring your own bag to pack your groceries!  If you don't have any bags, they got cardboard boxes stacked up front for you to grab.  WTcensored.gif!!!!!!

My mother love sAldi's.  Me NOPE!  I don't pack no groceries for UNIONIZED cashiers.  You PAY me if I gotta pack!  Nor am I bringing in my own bags.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

You must have a huge house to decorate. Aldi is a great store. It can be hit or miss sometimes but it saves me on grocery bills and I can get it delivered. 

@GenXmuse 

No regular size house but those pumpkin crocks were cute & perfect for "single" serve snacks which we served at our weekly card games. 

I've never done delivery groceries but I hear it's a great option.

I bought honey crisp apples 3lb bag/$3.99 -- when I go again I'll look and shop🙂

Honored Contributor

My local Aldi's is always so picked over. They do have some great deals.

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 - I'm in So. Cal. and we shop weekly at our local Aldi.  While they do have good prices on a lot of things in their own brand (which is sometimes good), you need to buy it when you see it.  The problem we have often with the two stores in our city is that they do get the items in their weekly ad.  Their standard answer is that it didn't come in.  I've contacted their corporate office on a number of occasions but it still happens frequently.  I don't blame the manager - he says he ordered it but they didn't send it.  They do not give rainchecks so if its a good sale and they don't have it, you lose out.  Just be warned!

Esteemed Contributor

Love Aldis.  We have two in our immediate area and one over the border in WV.  

Only problem when I find something I am totally in love with it never seems to appear again. 

Honored Contributor

I don't get a lot from Aldi, but I think it's the best place around for fresh produce.  DH drinks their version of LaCroix.  Sometimes I'll get cheese and there and a few other things, but I cannot complete my entire grocery shopping there.  I bought TP there this past spring, felt lucky to score some, but it's not something I'd buy again unless we become desperate.  Watch out for their chicken breasts.  They're HUGE, which means they're pumped with hormones.

Honored Contributor

We don't have them here but I've wondered why they have so many food recalls?  Seems to happen more frequently than other stores.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

My main comp!aint during Covid has been that they don't have Seniors hours.  Those early uncrowded stores are a blessing.

Honored Contributor

Congrats!  They've got you now!  Once you start, you will always want to go back!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I haven't been to Aldi's since the 80s and then you had to pay with cash only.

I loaned a cat carrier to someone and she returned it with some pate cat food from Aldi's for my cats which was very nice but they hated the cat food and they aren't picky. It was cheaper but it was soggy pate and it looked totally different from the one I buy and its not the most expensive.