Respected Contributor

Re: Multi cooker or Instant Pot?

@iwrite All the info you need is in the instruction book that comes with the instant pot. I did not buy mine from the Q and researched what it did before I bought it. There are multiple groups on Facebook that are devoted to the Instant Pot and share recipes and tips for using it. You may want to check those out.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Valued Contributor

@Bridgegal  Yes. You could get an instant pot and use the slower cooking mode too.

Valued Contributor

thank you @reiki604

a while ago, i ordered one for a friend. i asked her before posting here, but she had no idea. i was just curious. i don't have any plans on buying an instant pot for myself, as i have 2 pressure cookers and don't use them often enough. i use my multi cookers all the time.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Bridgegal  Yes. You could get an instant pot and use the slower cooking mode too.

Now, I didn't know that.   That is very helpful information.   I'd decided to get the Ninja 4-1 IQ multicooker and now I'm undecided again!!!!   Meanwhile, I'm doing fine without any of them so maybe I don't really need anything.   Smiley Wink  

Trusted Contributor

I have a Cooks Essential 4 qt pressure cooker and use the heck out of it. I cook rice and grits, and especially yellow rice in it, and it is rarely out of sight. I like my Cooks Essential 6 QT, because, I like the nonstick much better than the Instapot. I have a GoWise 10 QT that I LOVE....It is wider than tall, and I like that concept much better, as it comes closer to my old 8 QT Cooks Essential oval pressure cooker (that still works, and is my work pressure cooker), and I just love the wider and less tall cookers. It also does not require me to have to make sure the cooker is set to seal. It is automatic, and the pressure release is on the handle, so no turning the knob to release the pressure, and the steam is away from you.  I HATE my Power Pressure Cooker, as everything sticks, and is hard to clean. I use it for items with lots of liquid, or cooking boiled peanuts. 

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

yellow rice/boiled peanuts never heard of that .

Great fiber, though.

Do you live in New Mexico/Mexico ?