Esteemed Contributor

Muffin tin (6) for toaster oven

[ Edited ]

Every time I make Jiffy cornbread they stick even though it is a "good" non-stick pan?

Is it possible to bake muffins or cornbread and they brown and come out of the pan?

I have the little silicome muffin cups and they stick.

What do you use?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Muffin tin (6) for toaster oven

I had the same problem of stiicking muffins when using  toaster oven.  So, I simply put in cupcake baking cups in muffin pans, sprayed a bit of nonstick spray in each muffin/or cupcake cup, and they  come out great, Plus, they brown nicely, and, are individually wrapped and easy to put in lunches, and the muffin tin stays nice snd clean.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You use baking cups and spray. OK!  I like the brown part, that's why I didn't like the baking cups.  Silicone or paper baking cups?   What type spray do you use? Just a butter flavored spray?

Didn't think of spraying them also. 

Occasional Contributor

I use silicone in toaster oven. Metal or tin are not supposed to be used in toaster ovens. I think they  overheat too  quickly in the smaller toaster oven.  Just use the regular old fashioned paper cupcake baking cups, drop them in a  silicone muffin pan or cups. Do not spray in silicone pan  first, only need to  spray in cupcake baking cups, then add batter mix, I do like the butter spray, it gives a bit of flavor. .A light spraying is all that's needed. However, the toaster oven doesn't really brown baked food quite as dark brown as a regular oven.  Oh, and I have baked Jiffy cornbread muffins this way many times. Sometimes, you can find a childs silicone bake set that is just the right size for toaster ovens.

Trusted Contributor

@Zhills What is about Jiffy Corn Muffin mix. I was having the same problem trying to cook it in my toaster oven. No matter how much I buttered the pan, it was not cooked in the middle and would not come out of the pan. I even found a small Corning Ware skillet at a thrift store and thought it would work perfectly. Well no.  Finally I turned the temperature down 50 degrees and upped the cooking time by 10 minutes it finally came out perfect.

Maybe some adjustments would work with the silicone.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it has to do with the salt & sugar in the Jiffy.

My son bakes the Jiffy cakes in his and doesn't have the problem.  I love the browned part, don't want to use just the paper and lose that.

Trusted Contributor

I did find a set of metal nonstick pans, including a 6-cup muffin pan, for my countertop oven. They all work well and were quite inexpensive. 

But I also have a set of little ramekins from Rachel Ray that are about the size of "texas" muffins. These are great for muffins, but also for egg dishes and other things. So now that's what I use all the time in place of the muffin tin.