Valued Contributor

I want to order these as a gift but the reviews are so bad.  It would be such a dissapointment if they were spoiled when they are presented so perfect.  Can anyone help me with this?

Respected Contributor

@matty liz wrote:

I want to order these as a gift but the reviews are so bad.  It would be such a dissapointment if they were spoiled when they are presented so perfect.  Can anyone help me with this?

I like Mrs. Prindable's apples.  I don't care for the candy ones.  I'd usually buy the ones with sprinkles.  I found I was really the only one eating them.  It's just 3 in my household.   Husband doesn't like apples like that and daughter will have a bite here and there and I just can't eat all of them myself.  So, I haven't bought any in about 2 years.  So, I don't know if something has changed with her product.  But, in the past, I'e always enjoyed them.

Esteemed Contributor

All I can say is I gave them and those big pretzels as gifts one year and noone was excited about them.Noone even ever commented on them..............lol

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma Same here - gifted and I had to dig a comment from them.  None of it (apples - Pretzels) ever appealed to me - but gifted had a teenager so thought it a big hit. Don't think so.

Give me a good box of assorted chocolates - and I don't have a sweet tooth.

Honored Contributor

@matty liz  I purchased them at halloween time.  They were just fine.  I did throw one out - but just TODAY...when eaten in a timely manner they were quite fresh.  

When this item was new to qvc years ago, I liked the coating much better, but like everything else, the coatings these days are not near as heavy or as tasty as in the past.

Respected Contributor

I used to order them to give to my very good friends in addition to my homemade Christmas cookies. They were always fresh and delicious and everyone enjoyed them. I found that they stayed fresh in the refrigerator much longer than advertised. I stopped ordering them because many of my friends developed diabetes, or became pre-diabetic, so they couldn't eat them anymore. There are only 3 of us, so there were too many for our small family. Otherwise, I'd be ordering them.

Honored Contributor

If you're looking for a gift, Landies chocolate covered pretzels are yummy.  

M76120
SH 12/6 Landies Candies 24pc Holiday Stuffed Pretzels

Esteemed Contributor

@matty liz. These were so good when they first came out.  I ordered each year.  However, a few years ago was my last order.  I ordered as a Christmas Eve dessert.  When I cut them, the apples were bad.  Too expensive,  poor quality. 

Honored Contributor

They used to be good but the quality has gone down over the years and I've stopped ordering them. It's a shame really, because they were so fresh. With shipping these days, I think that could also impact how they are when you get them too. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mrs prindable apples

[ Edited ]

i recently saw david cut into one of these apples.....it had a large brown spot....he immediately turned it around......i agree....quality has changed over the years....