Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mrs. Prindables caramel & nut apples?

@wildcat fan - You could also keep checking the inventory to see if additional options appear in the next month or so; this is the time of year when Mrs. Prindable's offers the most varieties, so it is likely that more will be available soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Love Granny Smith for these, but mine arrived mushy last year.  Will not buy again. My local Safeway deli has delicious ones and are fresh.

Trusted Contributor

@wildcat fan Try looking at your local Wal-mart. At my  Wal-Mart they sell Affy Tapple brand for only a $1.00 each or a set of 3 for $2.88. They have them with caramel and nuts only. Looking at their website they bought Mrs. Prindables in 2001.  Seems to be the same company manufacturing in the Chicago area.

I eat the Affy Tapple ones every year.  They are very good.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've scrolled through the QVC inventory and the Mrs. Prindables website, but I've only found apples dipped in chocolate, peanut butter, sprinkles, and toffee.  Most of them have chocolate chips or are dipped in chocolate.  The ones that are just caramel & nut are packaged in sets with other flavors I don't want to purchase. Have you noticed any sets that are just apples, caramel, and nuts?  Would appreciate the item number if you have it.

@wildcat fan   I like the ones w/the nuts, too, but I have a feeling the nuts are more expensive and they wouldn't be able to do a TSV for that price.  Just a thought.

@Patriot3   They seem to have completely discontinued the nut-civered apples and I'm sure the cost was the reason.  Nuts are expensive.

I'm probably the only person on the planet who thoroughly dislikes sweet candy on a tart apple.  Yuck!  Would never buy these.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   That caramel sort of hardens or dries out.  I don't think nuts would stick to it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Just a reminder that the grocery store caramel apples were the ones linked to the big listeria outbreak about 2 years ago.   

Mrs Prindables apples were not involved in that outbreak, but many buyers here asked for refunds because they didn't feel safe to eat, or gift, the apples.   

My daughter and I have purchased our apples with nuts from QVC in December, the last 2 years.   Last year I ordered them the day after Christmas for my friends January birthday.   

Valued Contributor

My mother loves little snacks like this. I sent her some that should get there right before her birthday with the second ship date. 

Honored Contributor

@bonnie f ................Last year for the first time I ordered Mrs. P's apples and I thought they were really good.  The apples were fresh and crisp and of course the sweet goodies on top were great too.  I will be ordering more this year.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I prefer just caramel and nuts, too.  Chocolate plus candy bits is just too much sweetness for me.