Honored Contributor

Mrs. Prindables Apples Can Be Frozen 🤦‍♀️

I want to order some apples.  I don't need them until after Christmas, Thursday, to be exact.  I called CS this morning, to see if they could help me pinpoint an ordering date based on when they would arrive. The agent said if I ordered today, they would arrive on the 22nd.  I told him I didn't want them until the 28th or 29th.  I hope you're all sitting down for this.  He said, if they arrive too soon I could freeze them and then thaw them when I was ready for them.  That is actually written on the info sheet the CSA's refer to! I told him whomever wrote that is off their rocker,  There's NO WAY a frozen apple will thaw back to fresh.  It'll be a caramel and chocolate chip covered applesauce mush ball. SMH 🤦‍♀️ 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mrs. Prindables Apples Can Be Frozen 🤦‍♀️

@JeanLouiseFinch    You are so right!  Fresh apples are not a food that can be successfully frozen.  They turn to mush when thawed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I want to order some apples.  I don't need them until after Christmas, Thursday, to be exact.  I called CS this morning, to see if they could help me pinpoint an ordering date based on when they would arrive. The agent said if I ordered today, they would arrive on the 22nd.  I told him I didn't want them until the 28th or 29th.  I hope you're all sitting down for this.  He said, if they arrive too soon I could freeze them and then thaw them when I was ready for them.  That is actually written on the info sheet the CSA's refer to! I told him whomever wrote that is off their rocker,  There's NO WAY a frozen apple will thaw back to fresh.  It'll be a caramel and chocolate chip covered applesauce mush ball. SMH 🤦‍♀️ 

you wont have any issues with them if they arrive on the 22nd as long as they are stored in a cool place. i have two leftover from thanksgiving and they are STILL good!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I used to order these for my DD to give to teachers, etc. She needed them to give out over the course of 2+ weeks. They were fine in the fridge for 2 weeks. You just have to make sure you don't need the room for anything else.

Honored Contributor

My mother who has dementia, put the last apple I gave her, in the freezer, and ruined it.  

We have kept our Mrs Prindables in the shipping box in our unheated garage.  

Respected Contributor

The Mrs Prindables website states they can be stored in refrigerator for 2 weeks & they should never be frozen. You might be better off ordering from the Mrs Prindables website, sales & specials @JeanLouiseFinch , perhaps they can help with the delivery date too.

Honored Contributor

Morons.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch - I totally agree with @sunshine45 about the refrigeration of the apples; on Sunday night, I enjoyed the final one from my batches that were delivered on 11/17 and it was just as delicious and fresh as when we first ate the apples. In fact, two years ago, I did a little experiment and found that an apple I received just before Thanksgiving was still fresh and tasty on New Year's Day. How 'bout them apples?!  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I used to order them for teacher gifts.  One year they didn't arrive on time.  They were delivered after we left home to travel for the holiday.  They froze on porch while we were gone and were ruined.  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch As some other posters stated, these are definitely good for at least 2 weeks. I actually ordered 2 batches to give this Christmas, almost 2 weeks away. Just be sure to refrigerate them.

I order at least 2 separate orders every year. One year two apples got pushed back in the fridge and I forgot about them. Over 3 weeks ( may have been close to 4 weeks) later I found them and they were still good. I have to be honest, they are best within the first 2 weeks but were still enjoyable.