Contributor

Mrs Prindable Apples TSV ~ Why Not A Nut Free Option?

It would have been nice if there was a nut free option for the holiday TSV. Only able to have 4 of 10 apples. In my small family, just over half of us have nut allergies so I won't be ordering this time.

It seems like the selections this fall/winter had a lot of peanut butter lover options or other nut options. Very few choices that are nut free. Please make more selections that are nut free!

Honored Contributor

Re: Mrs Prindable Apples TSV ~ Why Not A Nut Free Option?

While regular cleaning and sanitation are required by the health code, it's probably too much rigmarole for them to stop their entire operation to dismantle everything and set it up for a nut free option.

Super Contributor

Did I miss something? There is only nuts in one of the apples....peanut butter. The other one has chips/colored candies, and toffee. Please explain what the second nut apple was.

Contributor

The toffee one has almonds. It is listed in the nutritional information.

Yes, setup plays a big part of processing specific types. But they could have offered 10 of the chocolate chip and sprinkles apple OR the 10 tsv apples. No change in setup just more made of the nut free one. That would have made the tsv possible to more buyers.

Honored Contributor

I would never purchase or consume a Mrs. Prindable apple if I was allergic to nuts, and I would never gift one to anyone was was allergic as well.

There is a great chance of cross contamination and it's too risky even if the apple itself did not contain any nuts or nut butter.

Even the thought of it is scary. I almost lost a very dear friend who ate a wrapped chocolate bar that was processed in a candy plant that made candy with nuts as well.

Frequent Contributor

I wish they would sell the ones they have on their website that are not rolled in the sort of candy they sell here at QVC. I would love dipped in caramel and them just chocolate with or without nuts. The toffee is ok, but I don't like the m&m stuff, sprinkles,choc chips, et all. It's just not nearly as good. Please QVC, sell the "upgraded" apples as well as the ones you normally carry.

Contributor

I wanted to buy, but only one option had any chocolate on it. If the toffee had chocolate as well, I would have purchased in addition to the order I've already placed. Who's brilliant thought was it to have only 1/3rd of the apples have chocolate? The peanut butter bits looked ok, but the hard-coated candy makes them hard to eat. I should mention, I've ordered Mrs Prindables for years now.

Frequent Contributor

That's okay, we bought them this year!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mix & combo!! Thinking of getting 2 more orders for more friends & family.