Honored Contributor

Re: Mrs. Prendable Apples are NOT on the List!!!!!

Do you think there is an actual Mrs. Prindible sitting in some cozy kitchen twirling apples in a big cooper pot with caramel? LOL

Of course they're mass produced.

If I gave them to anybody, I would tell them not to eat them. Listeria is very dangerous...

Occasional Contributor

I feel terrible - I gifted them to teachers, security guards, crossing guards at my child's school on the last day of school. I hadn't heard the reports and have no idea how to get in touch with them.

Respected Contributor

OP what's up? Guess you didn't read the reasoned responses to this same post on the blog, so here is one of my responses to it. The companies on the list are the ones that today have an association with the contamination. But because the the FDA does not know the source of the contamination and because the incubation period is up to 70 days the FDA and the CDC say to avoid all Carmel Apples that have been commercially prepared. In the pet food recall, and others of this type, companies may be added to "the list" as the investigation proceeds and until the source of the contaminate is discovered. If you like to play your risks, eat the Mrs. P Apples. But if you are wrong and next week it is determined that there is a common ingredient used in the broader group of companies that is the source of the contamination, then you may loose big. Listeria is serious. I am cautious, as are many people who actually hear what the FDA and the CDC are saying. Oh, and OP I recommend that you follow the links, read the CDC statement and then click on the FDA link in the first or second paragraph of the CDC statement.
Valued Contributor

If there is absolutely any chance that these apples are contaminated I will not keep them. I have small children coming for Christmas, and I would never take any kind of chance with their well being. It broke my heart, but I dumped all the Mrs. Prindables apple and asked politely for a refund. (The customer service person was rude, gave me the refund and than hung up on me. ) Better safe than sorry!

Trusted Contributor

OP ~ You seem so extremely frustrated over this.........take a breath. I really don't think anyone is "confused", as you put it. People have elected to make their own decisions ~ you would do well to respect those decisions and move on.

Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 brii said:

Do you think there is an actual Mrs. Prindible sitting in some cozy kitchen twirling apples in a big cooper pot with caramel? LOL

LOL I thought Lori Shore made them... Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

It was painful to toss these huge apples, but I just did, and received a refund. It just isn't worth taking a chance. Even if I thought they were safe, I would not be able to eat one due to the chance that they aren't safe, and certainly could not give them to anyone else.

Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 brii said:

If I gave them to anybody, I would tell them not to eat them. Listeria is very dangerous...

LOL Maybe they'd work as a paperweight.

Valued Contributor

On 12/21/2014 mousiegirl said:

It was painful to toss these huge apples, but I just did, and received a refund. It just isn't worth taking a chance. Even if I thought they were safe, I would not be able to eat one due to the chance that they aren't safe, and certainly could not give them to anyone else.

My thoughts exactly!

Super Contributor

On 12/21/2014 Deb1010again said:

P.S. Did anyone read my post above from Mrs. Prindables? It says they're currently NOT on the list of infected places.

Agreed. But it would seem that people would rather get themselves all in a panic over it, rather than actually read any credible statements.

You can't educate those who refuse to learn.

*sigh*