Respected Contributor

Re: Mr. Wonderful?

[ Edited ]

Now I know what to do when my Egyptian sheets get thread-bare.  I can make my own bloomers and forget about the $9/pair for Vanity Fair panties.

If I won that 1+billion$ lottery, I'd buy you all a few sets.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mr. Wonderful?

[ Edited ]

Since this thread is still going on, some of you might be interested in Mr. Wonderful's tastevin and the history behind this "secret society" that the other sharks occasionally tease him.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/a-look-at-mr-wonderfuls-secret-society-for-wine-snobs

Personally, I buy my $120 undies merely to keep my tastevin polished and shiny - heck, who am I kidding, I don't even like wine! Woman LOL

Denise
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Says online he pays $120 for 1 pair of Egyptian Cotton boxers.

He won't pay $2.50 for a latte but he will pay $120 for underwear. 

So ridiculous IMO. Even if I had lots of money I would never pay $120 for 1 pair of underwear. Talk about a waste of money.

People that spend that kind of money on something need to have their head examined.

Hi Nightowlz!  Your post cracked me up!  I was just visiting, drinking the morning juice, and saw your post.  Yes, I agree.  120 for a pair of drawers!   Ludicrous.  LOL!

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@EatWell You can ask him on his blog/Facebook page. Heart

Hi World Traveler!  Here I am!!!!   LOL!  Was just visiting.  I guess I consider myself a flop in the kitchen.  Thought maybe I'd learn something.  I "can" do some things though, simple things.  My mother was a good cook, she did not do fancy but TASTY.  I never learned though.  The only things I've learned is key boarding, how to work in a Windows environment, accounts pybl/rcvble, that is, had a formal education in.  I never was really taught anything in the kitchen by anyone.  That one poster asked about a chain around someone's neck and one poster knew what it was.  I don't know the seller they're referring to but I got a kick out if it!  LOL!  Nice to see you here!  XO

Respected Contributor

@sunchild wrote:
@Nightowlz, why do you care how much he spends on different things?? And who are you to judge him for it?? He is free to spend his money, or not, any way he chooses as are we. It’s not like your opinion of his choices are going to make him change. Sheesh, stop already.

You know, sunchild, that is a good point.  It kind of went through my head but I did not organize it in words, like you have.  Good point.

Respected Contributor

They used to call Sammy Davis, Jr. Mr. Wonderful.  As a VERY young person, at the time, I did not realize why.  Then, one evening I was watching TV and he was on with a microphone in his hand singing.  I actually cried!  WHAT FEELING!  AND BOY COULD HE DANCE!!!  He had charm, charisma, ALL of it.  NOW I understand why they called him that.  He was much older than me but I see all the things he did on TV and I'l always love him.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@dex@sunchild@BirkiLady@sunchild

I know it's none of my business. IMO is sickening people spend that much for a pair of boxers. I know it's his money. Who Cares that's the problem. Nobody cares. I could never spend money like that knowing there are better ways to spend it. People like that don't think about all the people struggling to make ends meet when they are spending their money foolishly. I know it's his money & he can spend it how he wants. I don't see how people like that can sleep at night.

@Nightowlz.  I guess I won't tell you what I spend my money on! And I sleep very well, thank you.

@proudlyfromNJ

Spend it how you want. I'm just saying if I had money like that I would be helping people not buying boxers for $120 a pair. 

@Nightowlz, all of us can be charitable right now, regardless of how we otherwise spend our money. Granted, we might not be able to give as much as an extremely wealthy person, but every bit counts.

Also, have you every spent a significant amount for something that you could have easily lifed without? If so, then it's better not to throw stones.

@suzyQ3

Yes I paid way too much for my stupid car. Never doing that again.

I want my old 1991 Dynasty back. LOL!!!  I will never do something that stupid again.

DH thought I needed a new car. I was happy with my old one. Don't like driving my new one because I'm afraid to drive it at the price we paid for it.

I have to use my money helping my sister so she does not end up homeless. Dad has been paying her bills for years. He passed away in Feb so now she's in a bind. His Will stated to pay her bills through the end of her lease. She won't be able to make it with her Inheritance until she can collect her SS especially the way she spends money. Guess I will have to use mine to help her since nobody else in the family cares if she is homeless or not.

Wow, Nightowlz, that's sad, I mean about your sister.  I was laughing while reading all the posts but when I saw this about your siser, I'm not laughing.  I was homeless at one time.  I have had a rough life, so I understand.  That's REALLY generous of you to help your sister monetarily.  Wow, my sisters, all these years are very cold to me.  If I were homeless and starving they would not care one iota.  She's lucky to have a sister like you! XO

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

Now I know what to do when my Egyptian sheets get thread-bare.  I can make my own bloomers and forget about the $9/pair for Vanity Fair panties.

If I won that 1+billion$ lottery, I'd buy you all a few sets.

Hi Coffeedrinker!  I was in that all the way up until that person hit!  They must've been in hospital, in shock when they found out they are now richer than alot of big shots in Hollywood!  LOL!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@EatWell You can ask him on his blog/Facebook page. Heart

Hi World Traveler!  Here I am!!!!   LOL!  Was just visiting.  I guess I consider myself a flop in the kitchen.  Thought maybe I'd learn something.  I "can" do some things though, simple things.  My mother was a good cook, she did not do fancy but TASTY.  I never learned though.  The only things I've learned is key boarding, how to work in a Windows environment, accounts pybl/rcvble, that is, had a formal education in.  I never was really taught anything in the kitchen by anyone.  That one poster asked about a chain around someone's neck and one poster knew what it was.  I don't know the seller they're referring to but I got a kick out if it!  LOL!  Nice to see you here!  XO

Oh, forgot one thing, payroll.  I had to learn that too, lol!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@dex@sunchild@BirkiLady@sunchild

I know it's none of my business. IMO is sickening people spend that much for a pair of boxers. I know it's his money. Who Cares that's the problem. Nobody cares. I could never spend money like that knowing there are better ways to spend it. People like that don't think about all the people struggling to make ends meet when they are spending their money foolishly. I know it's his money & he can spend it how he wants. I don't see how people like that can sleep at night.

@Nightowlz.  I guess I won't tell you what I spend my money on! And I sleep very well, thank you.

@proudlyfromNJ

Spend it how you want. I'm just saying if I had money like that I would be helping people not buying boxers for $120 a pair. 

@Nightowlz  There's so much presumption here.  Where did he say he does not help people or give to perhaps numerous charities?  Why is it that it has been determined that he cannot do both?  I'm sure he sleeps just fine knowing just what he does with his money, not what strangers take a guess at (or, heavens, read on the Internet as if it's gospel).

If we look at it that way, probably most of us who shop at QVC couldn't sleep at night.  How much of YOUR income goes to charity?  What do YOU deny yourself?  DO you think about that when you spend a $1 on seasonal decorations?  Eat at a nice restaurant?  Buy a pair of shoes you don't need?

It's really easy to look at someone else and decide what is frivolous that they buy.  Not so easy to look at ourselves.