Esteemed Contributor

Re: Molly Yeh - freshest new face on the FN.

[ Edited ]

It is definitely my social science background, but I see her as child like at times. Her parents divorced when she was very young. Sometimes your emotional growth is stunted when there is a traumatic event in your life. I see that here, especially when she talks to her Mother, Father, or husband. The tone in her voice, and her facial expressions become child like.

That being said I watch on occasion. I could take, or leave all of the Food Network shows. Most are becoming boring, and clones of one another.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Maybe you’ve only ever watched 2 episodes, but she mentions it a lot.

I watch it ever single Sunday and it's on twice (2 times) each Sunday.  And it's 2 different shows.   Like I said to begin with no mentions of her wedding.   @RollTide2008 

Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Season 5, episode 1 she recreates her bridal shower menu.

@RollTide2008   That sounds like one (1) show.  Maybe you recorded it  and have it on continual replay...

Valued Contributor

@manny2 

I tend to agree with you. I don't watch her, but the few times I did, I could not stand it and her faces she makes when she shows a finished product like it's the greatest thing ever and she is the only one to make something like it. I find her husband a little hard to take also. But like I said, those are the reasons why I don't watch her. 

cookin

Respected Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I can only take her in small doses. She's fine until she starts affecting a high-pitched baby voice. Stop, you're a middle aged woman.

Some of her recipes seem pretty good though. 

@Ladybug724    "Middle aged woman"??????    Wow, she's 31 years old.  When does middle-age start for you???  18, 21 or what???  SMH over this comment.

Well if she's in her thirties than obviously not 18 or 21 lol!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I can only take her in small doses. She's fine until she starts affecting a high-pitched baby voice. Stop, you're a middle aged woman.

Some of her recipes seem pretty good though. 

@Ladybug724    "Middle aged woman"??????    Wow, she's 31 years old.  When does middle-age start for you???  18, 21 or what???  SMH over this comment.

Well if she's in her thirties than o'"bviously not 18 or 21 lol!!!!

@Ladybug724   I believe (since I can see my post above) that my question was "When does midle-age start for you?"  You must have missed the 'for you' part of the question.

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  Wow, what a tempest in a teapot! I just stumbled on this thread and was interested because I love Girl Meets Farm! She is so enthusiastic and shows every step of the cooking/baking process. I love that she and her husband are sort of geeky and they live in a modest home on a farm instead of a large home in the Hamptons. (Not that I don't like Ina's recipes). I also love that she embraces the cultures of both her parents. I agree that some of the recipes are more youthful. My DD would enjoy her if she had the time to watch. BTW, I also love Miss Brown! Finally, FN did something right with these two ladies.

Respected Contributor

I do enjoy Molly's show and some of the recipes she makes.  Something I have always wondered.  Does anyone think, as I do, that she stands on some sort of platform or her counters are awfully low.  I don't think she's that tall to tower over her counters.  Anyone else notice that?

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee  When she first started on Food Network I was all set to get her cookbook.  Then I read about the "F" bombs.  I didn't buy the book, but still watch the program. 

Honored Contributor

Every time I hit that channel I run into Guy Fieri.  Talk about over done. Now I have to deal with his King's Hawaiian commercials on the news channels.