Trusted Contributor

Re: Misto or EVO oil sprayer?

@Nightowlz @x Hedge Thank you both for sharing your information.  I truly appreciate it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

Well, I use a small spray bottle that was originally "i can't believe it's not butter", or similar spray butter product.

I know they're food grade, and after doing this for years I have set aside the sprayers with the best spray pattern, and toss out the rest.

I hand wash bottles and sprayers I'm going to reuse.

Several years ago I filled one with an excellent cold pressed EVOO, and another with a top quality balsamic vinegar.

I just spritz my salads.

Never saw a reason to pay more for a separate container.

@x Hedge OMG!  Thank you for sharing that about the vinegar & oil for your salad.  Goodness, why didn't I think of that?  It's brilliant.  I'm going to do this.  Smiles.

@Misplaced ParisianBack in the day" Richard Simmons marketed salad dressings in spray bottles.  I saw them in grocery stores; never bought them.  I don't think they're around anymore.

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

@esmerelda  Now that you mention that I had some spray bottle salad dressings...maybe Wishbone?  They were fantastic to carry in my lunch for work.  Then my body surprised me with a ton of food allergies so no more processed items.  I really should have remembered or thought of doing the vinegar for my salads in a spray.  Everyone is so helpful here, I'm very grateful.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have both but, prefer the EVO much better😊

Contributor

I have had both. I literally make popcorn almost ever day and had a Misto to spray olive oil on. It was a pain to pump, then it would get clogged. I finally bought the Evo and it is heaven sent. I keep olive oil in it all the time. No need to clean. Doesnt clog. I spray close so it doesnt go every where. Its my choice by far.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone.  

I’m going to try the EVO.

Hung

Esteemed Contributor

purchased the Misto at BBB becausw I only wanted one to try. The reviews on any of the misters seem to be more negative than positive. The Misto pump is a better system because it's based on pressure. Honestly, I have a weed/fertilizer pump with the same system and it works great. Sounds of the wall, but with more negative than positive reviews that's how I decided.  I'm pleased with it. If it does sputter, then I just put the cap back on and pump one or two times and it clears itself. I could kick myself because QVC has a set of three on sale for only $6 more than I paid for one.