Trusted Contributor

Which one do you have/recommend?

I want to use for soy sauce, Thai chili oil, and rice vinegar.

Do you clean by hand wash or dishwasher safe?

Thank you.

Hung

Honored Contributor

Re: Misto or EVO oil sprayer?

I have the EVO and I don't like it at all.  The spray is WIDE and it gets everywhere - not a lot of control.  The Misto seems better in the demo, but I don't want to get "burned" again.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I use a small spray bottle that was originally "i can't believe it's not butter", or similar spray butter product.

I know they're food grade, and after doing this for years I have set aside the sprayers with the best spray pattern, and toss out the rest.

I hand wash bottles and sprayers I'm going to reuse.

Several years ago I filled one with an excellent cold pressed EVOO, and another with a top quality balsamic vinegar.

I just spritz my salads.

Never saw a reason to pay more for a separate container.

Occasional Contributor

I was looking for an oil sprayer some months ago and read reviews for both the Evo and Misto.

I bought the Misto and am so very pleased with it. Seems like a small family company that followed up to see if I was happy with the purchase.

I bought it to spray oil and I'm not sure that it will spray other than a liquid product.

It works very, very well. Since I filled it to capacity, I have not had the occasion to wash it, but I can't think of any reason for a problem.

I would certainly buy this again knowing how well it works and I think everyone would be happy with this quality product.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have both but like the EVO sprayer better. I can just pick it up & spray.

With the Misto you have to pump it up first. IMO they both work pretty good.

I bought the set of 3 last year. I gave 1 to my SIL & 1 to my MIL. I kept the other one plus both EVO sprayers.

Both Misto & EVO also have stainless steel or glass. All of them say to hand wash. You can put the glass part of the Misto in your dishwasher top rack only.

I don't know where all the spray is spraying when I use it so I spray stuff in the garage in the trash can or outside. I don't need oil spray all over my kitchen.

Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Well, I use a small spray bottle that was originally "i can't believe it's not butter", or similar spray butter product.

I know they're food grade, and after doing this for years I have set aside the sprayers with the best spray pattern, and toss out the rest.

Several years ago I filled one with an excellent cold pressed EVOO, and another with a top quality balsamic vinegar.

I just spritz my salads.

@x Hedge OMG!  Thank you for sharing that about the vinegar & oil for your salad.  Goodness, why didn't I think of that?  It's brilliant.  I'm going to do this.  Smiles.

Esteemed Contributor

EVO

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

I just spritz my salads.

@x Hedge OMG!  Thank you for sharing that about the vinegar & oil for your salad.  Goodness, why didn't I think of that?  It's brilliant.  I'm going to do this.  Smiles.

@Misplaced Parisian

Those should work or any other spray bottle from the grocery store that had some type oily spray in it. I would not try others unless they are food grade since they would probably clog.

I have never bought I cannot believe it's not butter but it's probably cheaper than buying these other spray bottles. I could buy some & dump out the contents. I will tell my MIL in case her Misto does not work out for her. Thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

I just spritz my salads.

@Misplaced Parisian

Those should work or any other spray bottle from the grocery store that had some type oily spray in it. I would not try others unless they are food grade since they would probably clog.

I have never bought I cannot believe it's not butter but it's probably cheaper than buying these other spray bottles. I could buy some & dump out the contents. I will tell my MIL in case her Misto does not work out for her. Thanks for sharing.

Actually, I prefer the "Smart Balance" spray, and overall they have the best sprayers, but ICBINB was just the first Spray Butter brand name that came to mind when I was writing the post.

I only fill the bottles a third to half full, and wash & thoroughly dry between refills.

At this point I have clean extras, so I don't have to wait before filling another bottle.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I returned the Misto, it just does not work for very long and the EVO is better, but does not spray as was demonstrated on TV. I kept the EVO, it's better than nothing.