Occasional Contributor

Missing orders, conflicting online status

Something needs to be done with the QVC systems to accurately state the status of a product, then once you place an order to accurately show the true status.  I know many others have experienced the same.  Given the amount of money spent on this site, the company needs serious help with their infrastructure to better serve us, and showing respect to those of us who keep them in business.

For example:  David's Hot Chocolate.  Was available when I bought it.  Soon after it showed Shipped.  10 days later the tracking states " Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet."  What does that mean?  Is the product lost?  Is UPS lost?  Have they followed up with UPS to get the package or doesn't the package exist?

This is not specific to that product.  I now am showing the same status for another product.   

This is not about availability of products and supply chain issues of those products.  This is about having a system or systems to properly track a purchase from order submission, to the creation of the label to its arrival at the destination.  Holding a major corporation and delivery companies accountable for transparency when delays are their responsibility. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Missing orders, conflicting online status

@lg ct I understand how frustrating it is when the shipping seems so wonky. There's a number of reasons for this but for me, most importantly, let it go and know that you will eventually get it. I've mentioned on other posts, I never order from QVC if I need anything by a particular date. I rarely check the shipping status. I do have a file on my computer I put all my emails that give tracking numbers or just state "shipped". Whenever I have a free minute I will check up on the status but never stress about it.

There's so much stress in life I just go with the flow and when it gets here it gets here. Many times the tracking info is way behind, I sometimes receive the items before the tracking is even updated. Many times, labels are "created" before the item is picked up. Again, I recommend not ordering from the Q if you need it any time soon. 

Honored Contributor

Don't know why this post is in 'Kitchen' forum.

I hate this time of yr for MAILING purposes. Your item can stay in one place for a week. I have one item ordered from QVC that has NO tracking #. Social Team don't know where it is either without a tracking # it's all a game.

I was suppose to get an item from Macy's 11-30th I think it's past due LOL "we are adjusting delivery plans" blah, blah. I'd rather order from any place other then Q, but, this shortcut didn't do me any good either.

Pray for after New Years, I guess.

Honored Contributor

@lg ct 

"Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet." 

That UPS notification is getting more frequent.  I believe it means UPS has been notified of a pickup by QVC, but the package is not available yet for a pickup.

I often see this with My Grandma's coffee cake.  This last time, the notification was there for 6 days before UPS picked it up.  Why My Grandma's would contact UPS before the cake was ready is beyond me.  

There are times when Newgistics, USPS shipping partner, picks up packages from QVC.  Takes them to UPS.  UPS takes them most of the way.  Newgistics, then, picks them up from UPS, takes them to their own facility where they might sit for up to 2 weeks or more.  They deliver our packages to our local Post Offices, it seems, when they feel like it. 

They are responsible for the notifications when involved with shipping.  You might not want to believe all of their notifications.  They lie and deceive, often looking like they are blaming UPS and USPS for delays.   

It could be Newgistics just didn't pick up your package right away like UPS does.  

QVC is not in charge of your packages when they leave their facilities.  It's up to the shippers to get them to you.

Check your tracking numbers at Ship24.com.  This website reports ALL shipping notifications of over 1200 shipping companies worldwide.  They are the most thorough I have seen.  We don't get all the information from QVC, UPS, USPS.

You might see more there, but if not, check frequently, to see if there is any movement.  

There have been times when I saw this notification, my package arrived at my door but with no notifications other than UPS has not picked up the package.  

Esteemed Contributor

I complain about shipping and as of Dec 1 decided to stop shopping for gifts because of it.  On Dec 3 I ordered the TSV of cabin socks for myself so not concerned about when they came. So look what happened:

Ordered Dec 3

Shipped Dec 5 from CA to Texas

• Dec 08, 2022, 03:00Out for DeliveryTX
  • Dec 08, 2022, 02:49Arrived at Post Office, TX
  • Dec 08, 2022, 01:34Accepted at USPS Destination Sort , TX
  • Dec 07, 2022, 10:00Depature Scan: Enroute to USPS, TX
  • Dec 06, 2022, 14:48Shipment Delivered to USPS,   TX
  • Dec 05, 2022, 16:02Departed UPS FacilityFontana, CA
  • Dec 05, 2022, 12:37Package received for processingFontana, CA
  • Dec 05, 2022, 12:20Shipment tendered to UPS Mail InnovationsONTARIO, CA
  • Dec 05, 2022, 11:37Package processedFontana, CA
  • Dec 05, 2022, 04:18Order information received